TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: God-incidence!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

got this in an email, awesome, will bring tears of joy to your eyes! HE does work in mysterious ways~

This is a God-incidence; not a co-incidence. What a powerful message - something you would never read about in a newspaper or hear on a news station. Very awesome message. Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above, with wisdom, power and love - our God is an awesome God!!!

A man from Norfolk, VA called a local radio station to share this on Sept 11th, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES OF 9/11/2001.

His name was Robert Matthews. These are his words:

A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. On our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still missed her flight. Both very upset, we drove homeā€¦...

I received a call from my father who was retired NYFD. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight.

My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help. 'This is not so mething I can't just sit by for; I have to do something.'

I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up.
Before he got off of the phone, he said, 'take good care of my grandchild. Those were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort.

My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my father, and at myself. I had gone for nearly two years blaming God for t aking my father away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.

Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone. I opened the door to a couple with a small child.

The man looked at me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.'

He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caug ht inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one to find his wife and free her.
My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, 'there is something else you need to know.'

His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ. I began sobbing at the news.

Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves.

When their baby boy was born, they name d him Jacob Matthew, in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and baby could live..

This story should help us to realize this: God is always in control.

We may not see the reason behind things, and we may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in control.

Please take time to share this amazing story. You may never know the impact it may have on someone. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called....

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures Forever. Psalm 136:1

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Post subject: Re: God-incidence!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Thank you so much for sharing this story. It brought tears to my eyes, and encouraged me. Before Lyme, I thought I was in control of each day and events. Now with Lyme, my eyes have been opened just how much I am in need of Him and trust in Him and His being in control.

Thank you again.

Post subject: Re: God-incidence!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:25 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Even before I go to the words "God is always in control" - I was going to respond - God has it all under control..it may not look like it and it may not feel like it...but believe me, His plan is so meaningful and isn't always about "us", He is just amazing!

Awesome story Jaime - thank you!

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]