TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Infrared Sauna - Symptom relief and detox
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:57 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Infrared Sauna - symptom relief and detox - answers to your questions

All information contained herein should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. The information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only. In no way should it be considered as offering medical advice. Please check with a physician if you suspect you are ill. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THESE ARTICLES. The information contained is not intended for medical advice. You should always discuss any medical treatment with your Health Care Provider.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following 2 posts are to help educate you about the amazing benefits of infrared sauna's. They are not for everyone - so I urge you several times throughout this to consult first with your doctor. Here is an excerpt from one of the "Links of interest" you will find below:

Over 2000 years ago, the famous Greek physician Parmenides stated "give me a chance to create fever, and I will cure any disease". This traditional wisdom has certainly stood the test of time. A typical infrared sauna session causes a brief 1-3 degree increase in body temperature. Fever is the body’s defense against bacteria, microbes and consequent infection. This beneficial side effect triggers the production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by your bone marrow and killer T cells by your thymus, resulting in strengthening the immune system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Personal experience - then links and facts provided below

My doctor recommended that I invest in an infrared sauna for pain relief and detox. After some research, I realized that sauna's would have to be a way of life for the rest of my life.

(Infrared is not recommended for some people, it has been said it is not recommended for people w/adrenal issues, some people also have problems sweating consult your doctor before using one.). Read Dangers of infrared sauna: http://www.the-infrared-sauna-effect.co ... sauna.html

I was told if I couldn't get a sauna to look into buying an Infrared sauna blanket. After I checked prices and found sauna blankets were expensive, we found a great deal on a free standing unit 1-2 person unit. It was the best investment/decision I have made in my road to recovery.

I did extensive research on the type of sauna and benefits of it, before we purchased one. I highly recommend you do the same.

I now believe for myself and other lyme patients this may be one of the most important tools to wellness.

I was told by my doctor (PLEASE CHECK W/YOUR DOCTOR) to start slow - 110 (or less) degrees for about 10 minutes and to work up to 120 degrees 30-40 minutes a few times per week.

The first thing I noticed when walking into an infrared sauna, it is like walking into the sun on a warm day. It is not "moist" but it feels very much like sitting in the warmth of the sun, minus the burn. After 10 minutes of use, I noticed a DEEP relaxation I have not experienced since being sick, although some might.

There have been times, I have had heart palps, pain, internal tremors and sat in the sauna and achieved this "out of this world" relaxation...nothing compares!

In a sauna, of course you are going to lose fluid (through sweat) drink about a quart of water for every 30 minutes you are in the sauna and you may even want to by a powder electrolyte to add to your water - talk to your doctor.

I have put together some links and general information about infrared sauna's. We are all different so..Please make sure to check with your doctor before using one!

Some things I learned in my research what to look for when buying:

You may want:
Carbon heaters
Hemlock or other non-toxic woods
Adjustable heat/timer
Extras such as audio hook-up and speakers

You likely will not want:
Ceramic heaters (can burn you and are outdated)
Certain woods that can be toxic

I urge you to do your own study before ever purchasing one and even see if there may be one at a local spa or gym available for you to try before investing in one.

What is infrared?:
Infrared heat is light produced by the sun. This is the heat you feel penetrate your skin when you stand in the sun - and miss when you walk into the shade. Infrared energy is also given off as body heat.
The human body can also absorb infrared heat. Infrared energy is measured in wavelengths as microns. The human body can best absorb infrared energy in the 3- to 50-micron range, with the best absorption occurring at 9.4 microns. Easier absorption also means that the infrared heat penetrates deeper into body tissues than traditional hot air saunas or rock and water saunas - up to an inch-and-a-half! Since the heat emitted is similar to the heat emitted by the human body, the body is better able to absorb the beneficial infrared in a shorter period of time.

Benefits of Infrared:

Acel-dacel Injury
Acid Overload
Acid Reflux and Digestive Disorders
Acne and Blackheads
Adjusts autonomic nerve system
Adrenal Exhaustion
Age Spots
AIDS and HIV
Allergies, Asthma, Sinusitis, Hay Fever
Arthritis Aches, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Joint Pain
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
Back Pain and Backaches
Balances the body's intake of nutrients
Bladder Control of Incontinence
Blood Circulation
Body Odors
Body pH Levels
Brain Contusion
Bruising and Burns
Bursitis and Tendonitis
Cancer
Candida [Candidiasis]
Canker Sores
Cellulite
Chemical Sensitivity
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Colds, Flu [Influenza], Pneumonia
Concentration and Memory
Constipation
Cytomegalovirus [CMV]
Depression and Winter Blues
Detoxification
Distributes nutrition equally through the body
Drainage Of Lymph System & Swollen Glands
Ear Aches and Ear Infections
Edema
Elimination of excess Cholesterol
Elimination of excess Heavy Metals
Elimination of excess Lactic Acid
Elimination of excess Urea
Emphysema
Energy, Vitality, And Feeling Of Well Being
Enlarged Spleen
Exfoliation of Dead Skin Cells
Fatigue
Fibrocystic Breast Disease (FBD)
Fibromyalgia
Firming and toning of thighs, hips, buttocks
Fluid Retention
Food Allergies
Herpes [Genital Herpes and Cold Sores]
Gout Conditions
Headaches
Heavy Metals And Mercury Detoxification
High Blood Pressure
High Cholesterol
Hormonal Imbalance
Immune System - Fewer Or No Colds
Improved Cellular Function
Improved function of the internal organs
Improved Plasma Viscosity
Increased Endorphins
Infections [Bacterial, Viral, Fungal, Parasitic]
Inflammation
Jet Lag and Getting Going In The Morning
Joint Pain and Stiffness
Kidney Cleanse
Leucorrhea
Liver Cleanse and Hepatitis
Loss Of Dexterity
Lung Diseases
Lyme Disease
Maintain Proper Body Moisture Levels
Maintain Proper Body Temperature
Massage Enhancement
Memory Loss
Menopause Symptoms
Menstrual Cramps and Menstrual Irregularity
Menstrual Cycle Duration [Shorter Cycles]
Mental Confusion
Metabolic Disorders
Moles, Warts and Skin Tags
Mood Changes
Muscle Injuries, Soreness, Pain and Stiffness
Muscle Spasms and Cramps
Nerve Pain
Neurological Disorders
Organ Function
Osteoporosis
Overall Health And Well-Being
Pain Relief [Whole Body]
Parasite Cleanse [Pinworms, Tapeworms]
Peripheral Occlusive Disease
Pleurisy
Post Traumatic Shock
Premature Aging
Promotes the elimination of body waste
Promotes healthy cell growth
Promotes metabolism
Prostate Enlargement
Regulates body moisture
Regulates body temperature
Relaxation Enhancement
Rheumatism
Rosacea and Vitiligo
Sarcoidosis
Sciatica
Scleroderma
Sequelae Disc-protrusion
Sexual Health
Shingles
Sinus Congestion
Skin Fungal Infections
Skin Moisturizing Treatments
Skin Problems [Including Eczema, Impetigo, Psoriasis]
Skin Sensitivities
Sleep Problems And Restlessness
Spinal Cord Shock
Sports-Type Injuries Involving Swelling And Bruising
Staphyloccus [Staph Infection]
Stimulates and conditions all body organs
Strengthens breathing system
Streptococcus [Strep Infections, Strep Throat]
Stress-Related Conditions
Stronger and more limber spine and joints
Sunburn [the only known antidote for sunburn]
TMJ
Toning and body Sculpting
Tooth Pain
Trigeminal Neuralgia
Tuberculosis [TB]
Vaginal Dryness
Viruses
Weight Control [Improved Metabolism]
Whiplash
Wrinkles
Yeast Infections [Candida Overgrowth]

Links of interest/study:
(Please note, some links below may be from various infrared manufacturers, we do not recommend any specific/brand of unit and is strictly for the benefits of infrared informational purposes)

Excerpt from the book "Detoxify or Die" about infrared sauna: http://lifestylelaboratory.com/articles ... s-pt1.html

1000 conditions that Infrared Sauna can help: http://www.heattherapyprod.com/medconditions.htm

Healing Power of Infrared Sauna's: http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articles/ ... nas_2.html
http://drlwilson.com/Articles/sauna_therapy.htm
Infrared Sauna Detox's Heavy Metals: http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articles/ ... tml#metals
FAQ: http://www.wullstone.com/pdf/faqs.pdf
Detox/benefits: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _93736414/
Infrared benefits: http://www.evolutionhealth.com/infrared ... fits1.html
Infrared sauna vs conventional sauna: http://www.infraredsauna.net/farinfrared.html
Infrared sauna testimonials: http://www.infrared-sauna-reference.com ... stimonials
Carbon based more efficient/healthier: http://www.thetruthaboutsaunas.com/?gcl ... awodIXLe0w
Seller of infrared sauna describes benefits: http://www.simply-natural.biz/High-Tech ... Saunas.php
Seller of infrared sauna dome describes benefits: http://www.doctorajadams.com/SaunaDomeI ... chor_27232
Book http://drlwilson.com/order%20books.htm
The Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy: http://www.lymebook.com/sauna-mercury-p ... drug-detox

MORE INFORMATION BELOW- WHY DOCTOR'S RECOMMEND INFRARED:

Far Infrared

Infrared light is part of the Sun's invisible spectrum. One of Far Infrared light's characteristics is the ability to easily penetrate human tissue. When this happens, it creates a natural resonance, which has many beneficial properties. Remember the last time you were sunbathing with sunscreen? Were you still hot? Of course you were because the sunscreen only stops the UV (Ultraviolet) light from hitting your skin. The Far Infrared heat (Far-infrared light waves) penetrates your skin, giving you that wonderful natural warmth. You can be exposed to Far Infrared heat for hours and it will never cause your skin to burn. Far Infrared heat is completely healthy and safe for all living things.

Dr. Toshiko Yamazaki, M.D. owns a clinic in Japan where she has done extensive research on the therapeutic uses of Far-infrared. In her book, "The Science of Far-Infrared Therapies," she explains that one of the reasons Far-Infrared has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of Far-infrared waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Since humans are bio-accumulators, toxins that cannot be expelled immediately after entry are stored in our bodies.

For example, when toxic gases such as sulphur dioxide, carbon dioxide or toxic substances such as lead, mercury or chlorine meet large water molecules, they are encapsulated by the clusters of water. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. However, when a 7 to 14 micron Far-infrared wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.

What is the best Far-infrared frequency?

All humans send and receive Far-infrared waves. The range of Far-infrared waves generated by the human body is 6 to 20 microns. The optimal micron output range is between 7 and 14 microns which is very close to the resonant frequency of a water molecule. This similarity makes sense since our bodies are almost 70% water. This range, sometimes called "Vital Rays" appears to have special regenerative effects on the body.
This vital wave range of 7 to 14 microns with a good portion of wavelengths at 9.4--which is the frequency at which a water molecule resonates or vibrates. This vibration causes a release of cellular toxins such as mercury, aluminum, cholesterol and other toxic gases such as sulfur and formaldehyde. This optimal micron output also allows for deeper penetration of Far-infrared heat, which improves pain relief, detoxification, circulation, and increased peripheral blood flow.

Far-infrared cellular purification

Sweat out heavy metals and other toxins with far-infrared cellular purification.
Dr. Toshiko Yamazaki, MD owns a clinic in Japan where she has done extensive research on the therapeutic uses of far-infrared. In her book, "The Science of Far-Infrared Therapies," she explains that one of the reasons far-infrared has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of far-infrared waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Since humans are bio-accumulators, numerous toxins, that cannot be removed immediately after entry, are stored in our bodies.

For example, when toxic gases such as sulphur dioxide, carbon dioxide or toxic substances such as lead, mercury or chlorine meet large water molecules, they are encapsulated by the clusters of water. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired.However, when a 10 micron far-infrared wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate.

This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released. Scientists in Japan report that in the far-infrared wave treatment of clogged capillary vessels, a similar process occurs: heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins.

Why Doctors Recommend Far-Infrared

Daily Health Routine:

FIR waves, reflected to the body, provide concentrated radiant energy, similar to that from the sun. When any tissue in the body is exposed to Far-infrared waves, whether radiated by sunlight, reflected by specially coated fabrics or panels, there is a rapid increase in warmth which can be shown by thermography. This heat plus the activation of several other response mechanisms stimulates the healing processes.

For example, Far-infrared waves:

Increase blood flow by promoting dilation (expansion) of the micro-circulatory system of capillaries.
Reduce muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated.
Remove toxins from the site receiving Far-infrared waves.
Assist in the reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow.
Reduce soreness through direct action on both free nerve endings in tissues and on peripheral nerves.
At the cellular level, researchers have discovered the Far-infrared wave lengths between 7 and 14 microns:

Stimulate enzyme activity.
Promote the adhesion and osmosis of water molecules across the cellular membrane.
Attract calcium ions to the cellular membrane. Far-infrared waves of the sun are that part of the light spectrum most responsible for the ripening of fruits which converts other carbohydrates into sugar. This process of reducing acidity can be tested by putting half a lemon in the sun for one or two days or on an Far-infrared coated plate for about one hour. The Far-infrared exposed half will be significantly sweeter than the other half.

sources: 1. Far-Infrared, Technologies that Harness the Sun, Valerie Free, 2001

Infrared light is part of the Sun's invisible spectrum. One of Far-Infrared light's characteristics is the ability to easily penetrate human tissue. When this happens, it creates a natural resonance, which has many beneficial properties. Remember the last time you were sunbathing with sunscreen? Were you still hot? Of course you were because the sunscreen only stops the UV (Ultraviolet) light from hitting your skin. The Far-Infrared heat (Far-infrared light waves) penetrates your skin, giving you that wonderful natural warmth.

You can be exposed to Far-Infrared heat for hours and it will never cause your skin to burn. Far-Infrared heat is completely healthy and safe for all living things. In fact, Far-infrared heat is so safe it is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.

Infrared Detoxification

Far-infrared sauna purification
Dr. Toshiko Yamazaki, MD owns an Far-infrared therapy clinic in Japan where she has done extensive research on the uses of Far Infrared Therapy or Infrared Light Therapy. In her book, "The Science of Far-Infrared Therapies," she explains that one of the reasons Far Infrared Therapy has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of Far-infrared waves to remove toxins with mercury detoxification, which is often at the core of many health problems. Since humans are bio-accumulators, numerous toxins that disturb natural body healing and cannot be removed immediately after entry are stored in our bodies and prevent future natural body healing.

a 10 micron Far-infrared light wave reaches up to 2 inches deep inside the body's tissue

cellular vibration occurs when the light waves penetrate the cells and reach the large water molecules

this vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water, resulting in a release of toxins

Detoxification and Far Infrared Therapy
When toxic gases such as sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide or toxic substances such as lead, mercury, or chlorine meet large water molecules, water clusters encapsulate them. Where these toxins accumulate, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. Mercury detoxification begins when a 10 micron Far Infrared Therapy wave is applied to these large water molecules and the water begins to vibrate.

This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the vibration continues, breakdown of the water molecules occurs and encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released. Scientists in Japan report that in the Far Infrared Therapy wave treatment of clogged capillary vessels, a similar process occurs: heat expands the capillaries from Far Infrared Therapy and then initiates the process to dissolve hidden toxins.

Far Infrared Therapy also helps to improve nervous disorders, digestive disorders, weight loss, and normalize blood pressure.

Heat Treatments Get Rid of Toxins
By Raymond Francis, M.Sc. Reprinted from "Never Be Sick Again"

Not only do saunas feel good, they are good! Saunas get your heart beating and your blood circulating, helping the body to detoxify in unique and important ways. Toxins do the damage, and saunas help with damage control. Saunas or other treatments help to accomplish detoxification in the following manner: A layer of fat and oil exists just below the surface of the skin. Heat from the sauna increases skin temperature, causing those fats and oils to "melt" and ooze out of the skin's oil glands. As sweat and oil are secreted, the toxins dissolved in them are secreted as well. By excreting these toxins and then washing them off your body, your toxic load is lowered and cellular health improves.

Choose a temperature that can be tolerated for an extended period of time-thirty minutes to an hour or more. The point is not to sweat out a lot of water, but to rid your body of oil-soluble toxins. Our skin contains sweat glands and oil glands, both of which help us detoxify. Sweat gets rid of water-soluble toxins, and even helps to eliminate toxic heavy metals such as mercury and cadmium. Oil glands help remove oil-soluble toxins that the body would otherwise have a difficult time eliminating. We have created a world filled with oil-soluble toxins such as gasoline, solvents, pesticides and ingredients in toothpaste and personal care products, and the body is not able to dispose of them efficiently. The longer the skin is heated, the more oil-soluble toxins are eliminated.

Be careful not to overheat! The challenge is finding an environment where you can keep your skin temperature up for an extended period of time without overheating or dehydrating. Overheating and perhaps feeling dizzy can happen easily if you stay in a steam room, a hot tub or the top bench of a hot sauna too long. Choose a "low temperature" sauna (110-120 degrees), and use it for an extended period of time-an hour or more is best-though you may have to work up to this duration gradually. Remember: Drinking adequate amounts of water before, during and after your sauna is essential in order to prevent dehydration.

A good supplement program, containing fat-mobilizing vitamins and essential fatty acids makes the sauna even more effective. Be sure to shower** afterwards; prevent those toxins from reabsorbing back into your body by washing with a nontoxic Castile soap.

Taking saunas or other "heat treatments" is not a luxury, but like exercise, is a physical responsibility and an important element of the physical responsibility and an important element of the physical pathway. Incorporating saunas after exercise is even better. Exercise begins to mobilize toxins and saunas continue the process. You may need to make a few sauna visits before you can tolerate extended periods of time, but the benefits of these heat treatments are incredible. These treatments feel good for very good reasons; they provide beneficial physical stimulation-including increased lymphatic and cardiovascular circulation, as well as the removal of toxins-all of which are good for the health and function of your cells.

Detox: Infrared Sauna vs. Conventional Sauna
In one study performed by American researchers, the sweat of people using a conventional sauna was found to be 95 to 97% water while the sweat of those using an Far-infrared thermal system was 80 to 85% water with the non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat-soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals (such as mercury and aluminum), sulfuric acid, sodium, ammonia and uric acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and other fat-soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise.1 Mercury is the most toxic element on earth, second only to plutonium.

Hyperthermic detoxification using these saunas is not only uniquely helpful in removing fat-stored toxins from the body, but also as an adjunct to mercury removal. Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., of Seattle, who has been called “the holistic doctors’ doctor and teacher,” is one of the pioneers in combining the use of Far-infrared saunas with the chelating agent DMPS in a heavy metal detox protocol.

Dr. Klinghardt explains, “Since hyperthermic sauna therapy removes metal contaminants from the body, we have found that it may be used to further the benefits derived from chelation therapy. And we have also found that it may be an alternative for those who are unable to undergo chelation. Research conducted by U.S. scientists has demonstrated that close to 80% of individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome will improve markedly by a guided detoxification program.2 We combine this approach with hyperthermic therapy using the Far-infrared sauna, as well as exercise and chelation. The results we are seeing are very promising.

Dr. Klinghardt adds, “If Far-infrared saunas work, why wait to use them? People need information about what nutrients and minerals to take, how to stay hydrated, and a reminder to shower** after the sauna. It’s not going to do much good to spend time detoxifying if you don’t wash off those toxins afterwards. And don’t overlook the importance of educating yourself and your children about sources of environmental toxins and allergens. Your future health depends on it!”

NOTE: **Conflicting info regarding showering. Sauna literature recommends the following: Taking a warm shower BEFORE using the sauna and WAITING if you want to shower afterwards. Your pours are open and can absorb soaps and chlorine from water, etc. If you shower before it warms the body and helps w/deeper penetration of the infrared. If you shower afterwards use a natural non-toxic soap and water at a cooler temp. It makes sense to wash the toxins away, it also makes sense that towel drying and waiting until your body cools down to shower is ok. I haven't found anything "written in stone" about this. Ask your doctor and/or the sauna manufacturer.

To shower or not to shower? Links to help you decide:
Do not shower right away: http://www.healthmatesauna.com/faq/howtouse.html (#16 on this list)
Shower right away: http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/article.cfm?id=368

PRECAUTIONS - PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR MD BEFORE USING SAUNAS

Always check with your Md...people w/PICC lines should not use infrared saunas without first consulting their docotor
People with advanced symptomatic heart disease or unstable angina should not use an infrared sauna unless supervised by a doctor.

Hemophiliacs and persons that are inclined to hemorrhage should avoid infrared sauna usage or any type of heating that would generate vasodilatation that may lead to the propensity to bleed.

Silicone does soak up infrared energy. So, implanted silicone or silicone prostheses for breasts, nose or ear replacement may be warmed by the rays. It may be diligent to check with your surgeon and product manufacturer prior to using an infrared sauna.

Menstruation is temporarily increased when using an infrared sauna. When a woman is fully aware of this, she may choose to experience this short-term effect without concerning herself or she may choose to wait until her cycle is finished.

Some medical practitioners consider it inadvisable to raise the core temperature of people who suffer from adrenal suppression, systemic lupus erythematosus or multiple sclerosis.

If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, please check with your physician before using the infrared sauna.

If a person has suffered a recent joint injury that is considered acute, it should not be heated for at least 48 hours or until the hot and swollen symptoms diminish. Enthusiastic heating is strictly contraindicated in cases of enclosed infections in any of your tissue including dental.

Infrared wavelengths in diagram below. Also pictured 1-2 person sauna, priced around $1,000

Attachments:
Sauna.jpg
Sauna.jpg [ 15.82 KiB | Viewed 8191 times ]
Infrared wavelength.jpg
Infrared wavelength.jpg [ 16.35 KiB | Viewed 8501 times ]

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Post subject: Re: Infrared Sauna - Symptom relief and detox
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:37 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

The following is an excerpt from the book "Detoxify or Die" by Sherry Rogers - Book link: http://www.amazon.com/Detoxify-Die-Sher ... 452&sr=1-1

How to Detoxify
Even though the body has one proven mechanism for dumping environmental toxins, many folks
can't sweat.

Environmental chemicals have so damaged the autonomic nervous system that it's like having a broken thermostat. For others, they feel dreadfully ill if they try to sweat.

After driving the tractor to spray chemicals on hundreds of acres of upstate New York cornfields, I was one of those folks who never sweat. For those who do sweat, high heat causes the mobilization into the bloodstream of nasty chemicals from "safe" storage in fat,heightening symptoms. As well, loss of precious nutrients along with the chemicals can precipitate serious medical problems.

A specific detoxification program is needed to circumvent these problems, while first making sure the detoxification pathways are strong enough to handle the extra burden of mobilized chemicals. As well, I'll show you how folks for whom high temperatures are forbidden, like congestive heart failure and high blood pressure patients, can use this program. Because like anything else in life, there's a huge spectrum of people and their individual intolerances. With a sauna program, there are those who breeze right through and others who cannot even get started. So regardless of your status, let's get you over these hurdles.

Sweating Out Toxins, as Easy as 1, 2, 3

If you think you are basically a healthy person, you can probably just jump in the sauna for up to an hour a day at 110-120 degrees, remembering 1, 2,3:

1. use the sauna replenishment nutrients before going in,
2. your detox cocktail when you come out, and
3. your daily nutrients around 12 hours later.

*Note: Details on the steps shown above can be found in Dr. Rogers' book
" Detoxify or Die "

However, since we are addressing an audience with a wide variety of health conditions,
deficiencies and toxicities, let's get you a lot more knowledgeable about potential problems that can occur and how to thwart them. As well, if you happen to be one who has poor initial tolerance to sauna, doesn't sweat, or who has tough chemicals that put up a struggle, there's a lot more you should know.

General Rules for the FIR Sauna
Start using the sauna at 100°F, in short 10-20 minute increments at first, building up a feel for your body's tolerance. Use less heat if you feel discomfort initially. Older, sicker, or folks who feel initial discomfort should proceed at a much slower pace and even lower temperatures. The far infrared sauna wavelength penetrates 1-1/2 inches into the body, generally enabling chemicals to come directly out of subcutaneous fat storage sites into sweat. This avoids a worsening of symptoms seen when high heat saunas pull chemicals out of safe storage, then directly into the bloodstream on their way to the sweat. For once the chemicals are in the bloodstream, you can duplicate some of your worst old symptoms. If you suspect you've had severe poisonings that may create serious withdrawal symptoms as you mobilize chemicals, go at a slower pace. For example, if you used cocaine or heroin and did crazy things while on it, you may want someone in attendance with you as you go through mobilization and dumping of these unpredictable drug residues.

Even though the far infrared method is much safer and does not generally precipitate symptoms, I've learned after 32 years in medicine that there are always exceptions to any rule.

If you are pregnant, have metal parts in your body, take important medications whose levels
should not change (like insulin, seizure or heart medications), or are within 48 hours of
an acute injury (still in the swelling phase), definitely check with your doctor.

In fact any time you embark on a health program, his/her input should be included in your decision
-making.

It is a good idea to get a complete physical from your doctor when you discuss your sauna
plans. If you are on any medications, sauna may help you detoxify and get rid of important
drugs too quickly, thereby changing your blood levels. For some drugs this is not desirable, or you may need to have blood levels of the drug drawn, or have other parameters that are affected by the drug monitored.

I suggest you take your blood pressure, temperature, respiratory rate, weight and pulse
rate, assessing its regularity before and after the first few saunas. If you are fragile,
check them every 10-15 minutes while in the sauna. It is just good sense to have a blood
pressure cuff (sphygmomanometer), stethoscope and thermometer around the house anyway.

Any neighborhood nurse, local firehouse ambulance personnel, pharmacist, or your doctor's nurse, etc. can show you how to use them.

There is no prize for getting to a high temperature or being able to tolerate hours in the sauna. Be gentle with your body and as soon as you feel any discomfort, that's enough for
one day.

If your blood pressure, pulse or respiratory rate increase 10 points, get out of the sauna
for the day. You've had enough for a beginner until your next day's session. Why stress
your body any more than it has already been stressed throughout your life?

Next session use a shorter time and lower temperature along with increasing your minerals and water. If your oral temperature goes over 100 F., stop for the day.

If you weigh less after a sauna, you did not drink enough water to compensate for the loss.

A good rule of thumb is to weigh your towels before and after the sauna, drinking the

difference in weight in spring water. That is, if your towels gained 3 pounds of water,
drink 3 pounds of water. Also keep a little diary and document any symptoms. If you get
exaggerated withdrawal symptoms, it could be magnesium or other mineral deficiencies as
opposed to withdrawal symptoms from some prescription medication, recreational drug, or
past chemical exposure (see emergency measures below).

If you are very apprehensive, start with 10 minutes daily at 100-110 F. Then slowly advance
over the weeks to an hour. After you tolerate this, you may wish to slowly advance to 130
F. However, many people stay below 120 degrees Fahrenheit indefinitely. There is no need to
go higher. This is not a contest. Some folks start out at 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and as
soon as they sweat within 10-15 minutes, then they drop the temperature down to 100,110 or
120, wherever they are comfortable. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, you can stop or
just open the door and towel off, cool down for a few seconds and then close the door again.

If you cannot attain any of this in one session, no problem. You may leave it at what you
tolerate or get out, shower off toxins, and sauna again in the same or next day.

Remember to keep drying off the sweat with a towel. While in the sauna, sometimes just opening the door for a bit or turning down the temperature is enough to allow longer exposure.

For folks who are in a hurry to get well, but whose bodies do not let them sauna for more than
15 minutes in the beginning, they may elect to fool the body and do 15 minutes 2-4 times a day.

You must stop at any time that you experience headache, nausea, fast heart rate, weakness,
irregular heart rate (if this is not a symptom you normally have), shortness of breath, dizziness, disorientation, muscle cramps, muscle spasms or twitching, or any adverse
symptom. Use a tepid shower to cool down slowly without shocking the system.

The symptoms of heat stroke (dry and/or cold skin) are more dangerous and require immediate removal and 1-3 tsp. of Tri-Salts with plenty of water. Include a retention water enema (1 tbs. of Tri-Salts in 2-4 cups of water) as well.

Unless you had a mineral and fatty acid analysis before you entered, no one knows what nutrient deficiencies you started with. Anything
borderline can be accentuated or madedramatically worse with the losses sustained with any sauna.

Remember the average American diet only provides 40% of the magnesium a person needs in a
day. So everyone is low to begin with. Sauna will only make it worse. Magnesium is the main
mineral to be lost in the greatest amount in sweat. Zinc and calcium are a close second for
the most commonly lost minerals, then all the other minerals and nutrients follow. So since
most people already start out with multiple deficiencies, especially magnesium, it is
imperative to compensate for the accentuation of losses incurred by forced sweating. You'll
see I will give you lots of sources for fast, efficient absorption of magnesium later on.

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]