TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: An Odd Day today
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I got to sleep in on a work day.

My boss asked me yesterday for a favor. Most days I am not prepared to give favors, but I said depended on what it was. I try to do favors when I can, but typically they mess up the plans I've already made.

She asked me if I would close up shop tonight. "shop" being the day care. Apparently, I am the only one that's not on management that she trusts to do this. The group is doing a huge team building exercise this weekend and I am not going. They want me to, but I refuse. Once I tell you what it is, you all will completely understand why I refused: CAMPING FROM FRIDAY TO SUNDAY. Uh NO thanks. In any case, since she's our boss she wants to get out to the camp ground early instead of being the last one to arrive. So she asked if I would close up shop for her. I would get the code to the building (gasp) and the key to the building.

She said 'it's not for a classroom' ... I don't need you for coverage .. just to lock it up. So can you work like 4 hours tomorrow intsead of your normal 8 (being that I have enough overtime to cover the difference) .. I can get there earlier than 2:30 if I want, but I might enjoy the time to relax at home.

While I hate leaving work that late (6:30) .. it was nice to be able to sleep in a bit.

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
http://www.jmgarnet76.blogspot.com

Post subject: Re: An Odd Day today
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:32 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

cool, good for you. always nice when they trust you enough with something important. makes you feel good!

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Post subject: Re: An Odd Day today
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:37 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I've opened before, but never closed down. I am extremely nervous because I'm scared I'll forget to lock a door. Fortunately there is another teacher that has worked there almost as long as I have and I know she'll help me lock up.

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
http://www.jmgarnet76.blogspot.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]