TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Antidote
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:45 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I found this link this morning, thought I'd post it because this is something very similar to what I posted the other day and try to get across. We seem so helpless at times (like I feel this morning) when in truth we are Children of THE KING...check this out...really. The entire site is pretty cool - lots of links, depression, anxiety and more.

Here is the link: http://www.christian-books-for-women.co ... pture.html

Here is what is reads:

Does "healing scripture" exist? Does it help? Who says it helps? If someone were to measure the amount of pain in life, they'd never come to the end of it. Would healing scripture be the first choice of solutions?

We've all been there...asked those questions....and REALLY wanted those answers. Most of the time we try everything else first, just in case we might stumble onto something that might help. Then when we're pretty much worn out, wiped out, and at the end of all that's considered sane, we say things like, "well, I guess all I can do is pray." Yup, we're Christians all right.

Have you ever heard that song, "I never promised you a rose garden?" There's no better way to describe the journey for a Christian. The Word is filled with promises of hope and healing, but nowhere does it say we won't have to face the same pain in life that everyone else faces.

The difference for Christians happens in the faith walk. Christians have all these amazing tools and promises to help them find victory. Some people call them healing scriptures, some call them messages of hope.

So how come Christians aren't using them? Why is it so hard to tell Christians from everyone else when they're going through a crisis?

Much of it comes from a lack of knowledge. For whatever reason, most Christians are under the impression that "they already know everything they need to know" about their faith. They attended Sunday school and Confirmation classes. And they were raised in a Christian home so they already have all the answers.

But unfortunately, most Christians weren't taught about the power in God's Word and how to use it. They weren't taught that words are containers for power. Proverbs 18:21 says "death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it (whether good or evil). " Hmmm...maybe that healing scripture is worth pursuing after all.

4 Ways to Use Healing Scripture in Your Life

PRAY FIRST about everything. Prayer isn't something you can bypass and expect God to work in your life. God wants and needs to hear from you. He has lots of great stuff planned for you, but He isn't going to simply bestow them on you without at least some effort on your part to have a relationship with Him on an ongoing basis.

To say that "you've tried everything else so now all you can do is pray" is an insult to God. It's like saying that God is your last resort. Oh yeah, we want the help, and we want all the blessings we can get, but we'd like it on our own terms and in our own timing. So if there is any way we can make it happen on our own...

Pray using a healing scripture. Take a look at the list below to help you. When you stand on God's word and pray expectantly, waiting for God's promise to work for you, God will honor your request, doing whatever He thinks is truly best for you.

Accept that God is God. That means He knows a lot more about what's going on than you do. There can't be much of a relationship if you don't trust God with your problem. Our inclination when we pray is to give God a short amount of time to do something and if we don't see something happening, we take the problem right back and start trying to make things happen on our own again. It isn't until we let go completely that God will work things out for our good, using whatever methods He chooses.

Pray your healing scripture out loud. Whenever you feel fear creeping in, negative thoughts trying to take over, or life trying to overwhelm you, use your scripture as a sword to slice through all the noise. Pray those scriptures out loud every day over your situation. Just remember, when you're praying for positive, life giving things to happen, there is no room for negative stuff to get in the way.

So which healing scripture is the best one to use in your situation? Personally, when I pray I use a book called,The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word. It's a pocket size book containing different scriptures that apply to almost all of life's problems. I've found it to be an amazing source of great info, hope, and peace.

Putting right thoughts in your head is also a very important part of letting God work in your life. Both thinking the right stuff and saying the right stuff makes all the difference.

I recently found some wonderful Christian meditation CD's. They are produced by one of our columnists, Rhonda Jones.

The CD's teach you how to focus on the things God wants you to focus on. Check them out if you're having trouble ridding yourself of negative thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some GREAT Healing Scriptures

Here are some of my favorite healing scriptures from the amplified translation of the Word:

Romans 8:28 "We are assured and know that (God being a partner in their labor), all things work together and are (fitting into a plan) for good to and for those who love God and are called according to (His) design and purpose.

Psalm 27:5 "For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will set me high upon a rock."

I Peter 2:24 "He personally bore our sins in His (own) body on the tree (as on an altar and offered Himself on it), that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed."

Psalm 40:1-3 "I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit (a pit of tumult and of destruction), out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord."

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong, courageous, and firm; be not in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you."

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]