TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: New trial hits us we are devastated....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:29 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

My loving forum family, please help each other and newbies - I may be gone a little while.

We have been hit with yet another "trial" and are ABSOLUTELY devastated.

One of my beautiful dogs (older now) had a fall the other day, she did ok the last couple of days but today she cannot walk - her rear legs will not hold her. She is the sweetest, gentlest dog, we love her so much. She is large and it takes 2 -3 (and 4 of us to get her in the car) of us to lift her up - my body is killing me doing this, but I don't care about my pain.

I am blinded by tears, I cannot express my love for my animals - I love her so - and I am so afraid this is it, that I will be saying goodbye. The neuro function in that leg seems gone, her leg just folds beneath her. Only a miracle would change things.

She is at the vet tonight heavily sedated - and my mind cannot shake the image of them "walking" her away in a sling and her back legs dragging.

I have cried so much today - I can't stop.

I can't do this, I can't.....I need God to lighten this load - please pray for us, all of us are torn up about our beloved girl (dog).

I know to some that a dog is a dog - but my pets are family, we love them so much and God knows this is becoming too much for me, my heart palpitates so fast I wonder if I am just going to drop dead from all the pressure/anxiety, I am nauseated and hurt head to toe and just sat here until she went to the vet, telling her I love her all day...this is very bad..I know animals well after all my years in rescue. There is little hope.

Tuesday if she doesn't respond to medication (which isn't likely according to the vet) we will have to make that horrible choice that no pet owner wants to ever make.

If you don't hear from me for a few day, you will know why.

Please pray for us - that is all I ask - this is devastating - my pain reams on, my head is splitting from so much crying....

To those of you I owe a phone call, I am sorry I just can't right now.

I just want to crawl into a ball right now and let God take me home (of course I won't, but feel like it, I am shocked)- this life has turned in the last 5 years from "charmed" to an unbelievable nightmare that seems to have no end.

Of course if any good news comes - I will let you know.

Pray for us....

Love you all much,
Dana

Our girl - Kodiak ( :pray:'ing for you my girl)

Attachments:
033.JPG
033.JPG [ 114.57 KiB | Viewed 1816 times ]

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Post subject: Re: New trial hits us we are devastated....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:12 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this, Dana. You are in my thoughts and prayers- I pray that He would give you that extra portion of strength that you need right now. I pray that you would feel comfort and peace and that this trial would SOON become an incredible testimony for someone or for many. Blessings to you and your family, Dana! With much gratitude and prayer, Julie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:30 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I am praying for you too, Dana, and your beautiful dog. I always say God spelled backward is Dog, that is why they are such great and loyal friends. It hurts, it hurts, I know. God bless you and your girl. Love to you, Amy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:11 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Dana sweetie,
take some time away. Deal with everything going on. Things will be FINE here. You already know everything I have to say, I told you last night. I'm still praying for all of you. May God give you all peace and may you all feel His love surrounding you like a comfy blanket.
my love to you, Danny and Paul always.
:pray: love,
jaime

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Oh, your dog is beautiful. Such a soulful face.

I will be praying for you and your family (which of course includes the dog)!

Love

Molly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:37 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Awww Dana, You are in my prayers today! And your doggie too! I feel your pain! I have a harder time with animals than humans sometimes! Im thinkin about ya!! :pray:

http://www.myspace.com/aloha6728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:56 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi Im new to this forum. I just found your website yesterday. I just wanted to say Im sorry to Dana. I just read her post. I know that pain from losing 3 dogs. I have 3 dogs now too and one is sick. Its hard getting them back & forth to the vet when you dont feel good yourself. I have large dogs, well because they are short people think theyre small. They're not! Especially when they weight 70 pounds. (Basset hounds)
So although I am new to this board I want to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
:ghug:

Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Thanks everyone and welcome Dawn and thank you.

Well it came down to 2 choices today - the vet wanted to see if an anti-inflammatory would help OR choice #2 an IV steroid.

For those of you who know me - corticosteroids annihilated me and disseminated Lyme like rapid fire through my body.

I told the vet I'd need her tested first for Lyme before I'd ever do that (I have pulled off ticks) she then just said, "Why don't we do the "safer" anti-inflammatory - it may take a few days to see any results - take her home, love her and know that if this doesn't work, as a last ditch attempt in a week or two an IV corticosteroid sometimes will bring the lamest dog to their feet, if that doesn't work, then you know you have done everything you can".

We did what she said and she is home tonight and I am just as sad as ever - she can't walk. This is prolonging the inevitble I believe and I am seriously dazed and so tired and in pain from all this I can't believe it is really happening to us.

We have to "sling" her and she walks with her front legs and try to take her out to do her business....this isn't working...she weighs 100lbs - my body is just screaming now in pain from the stress and lifting - Oh, what a mess.

I knew that my dogs were getting up there and "something" could happen any day...I prayed that God only allow them to start "going home" AFTER we were feeling better and could handle it better, but that isn't His plan it seems.

My dads surgery is next month on his aortic aneurysm and of course I am now almost 'expecting' bad at every turn. My story is starting to read so much like the book of Job, it is unreal. Read Job if you haven't.

I can't imagine all this happening - 3 of us w/LD, my dad, our house on the line and now my dog. It is surreal.

If my pain would only subside - but no break has happened in a long while now.

Thanks for listening - I will check in as much as I can...I am going to be awful busy getting my dog around for a while - but maybe this precious time left with her will make us realize how much more heroic it is to humanely "send her home" than keep her here where there is no quality of life.

My heart is broken, I am tired, I hurt.

Please pray for Danny too please, his symptoms are up and very strange - mine too.

Love,
Dana

I think if anything, this will give us

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Dana - I'm upping my prayers. You have so much going on. Thank you so much for the update.

Much Love and Many Hugs

Molly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 am 
 E-mail  Profile

All the VERY best wishes from me, Dana.

Katherine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:20 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Dana,

I'm sorry that Kodiak is suffering and that your family is hurting b/c of watching her go through this.

Even though it is not known if this is a permanent situation for your family yet, we have friends whose older dog went through this and their chiropractor was actually able to help them out using some of natural techniques and supplements that were safe for their pet that helped put him back on his feet.... again and again (b/c he likes to jump up on their couch and then...jump back down.

I don't know if this would be helpful for Kodiak and I don't want to suggest something that may not be the Lord's timing or plan; only potential avenues for seeking God's will.

I know the financial distress plays a major role in what you are able to do.
I hope that Kodiak is more comfortable this evening; please take care of yourselves. The lifting has to be so strenuous. Do you have a car dolly that lies close to the floor that would be more beneficial for moving her from place to place in the meantime?

I LVMM for you w/some info that may be helpful... ?

I'm so sorry.
In His love, ~d

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:14 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Let us know any updates Dana. It's so weird how things happen simultaneously in our lives sometimes. My hubby is giong through this with his dog too. His dog is at his moms, the dog he grew up with. She cant get up all of a sudden and she sways and then falls. Its so sad. Theyre trying the same things you are.

Kodiak is in my prayers! :high5:

http://www.myspace.com/aloha6728

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:11 pm 
Dana,

I'm so sorry!!!! I'm praying for you all!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:58 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Doing my best to write this right now, eyes filled with tears...

Kodiak passed away today.

Her other rear leg began to fail and we made the decision that it was time for her to be with the Lord.

I stayed with her until her very last breath and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Rest in beautiful peace Kodiak. You were my first dog and were there for me during two battles in my life with Lyme and so much more. Watching you go was the hardest thing I've ever done but I have inner peace knowing that you're with the Lord now and made whole again, running and playing like a puppy again. I love you Kodiak. :sadangel:

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Danny,
I'm so sorry honey. I'm glad you were with her though. I'm sure that made all the difference to her having you by her side. It's an amazing connection we get with our pets. I know this has been emotionally and physically draining on all of you. Now you have "Peace that passes understanding" and thank God for that. That's where I am today. This is now the 3rd death I've heard of today, can't handle much more.
love,
j

hang in there, give your mom a hug to both of you for me.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Danny,

I do not think that I could express what is in my heart for you and your family better than Jamie's words of love and comfort.

I am very sorry. Kodiak's is a picture worth a thousand words. Those of us who have had precious pets that have become a part of our families over the years and have had to say good-bye, know the sadness and truly understand.

I just wanted to tell you that our family loves you and your family very much..

..there has been great loss from the things we have known on this earth as you and we grow up in faith. How much more awaits us b/c He has promised that His goodness has won over evil. The Lord promises to redeem. He will stay near to you, Danny, and He will help you in the days ahead b/c he loves you so.

..and that we are praying for the Lord's comfort to your hearts.

In His love,
~d

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]