TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Here I go again!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi, it's me Heidi, the whiner. Perhaps this summer I will get into a lyme's support group. When I work during the year, I'm just to tired to do things like that. I want to give you an up-date. I'm the one who wanted to know how to get on social security and how to get off jury duty. Well, even with my doctors note the jury clerk keeps insisting most people never get on a trial and it will only take one day......since that time I was in a car accident. That is what I'd like to address today. I've actually been off work for 2 weeks. Once the insurance medical person said I can go to any doctor I wanted to I chose a chiropractor and did visit my regular md once. I normally do not have insurance. The chiropractor consulted another chiropractor in Minnesota who knows about lyme's. He told him you must work on her totally differently than anyone you have worked on before. Now I'm wondering if chiropractors should never work on lyme patients. I am walking with a cane. He is totally perplexed. The chiropractor says nothing that he does to me makes any sense. I hurt where I shouldn't, etc, etc, etc. I had gone to him 2 years ago for a brief time and had a severe relapse. I'm just wondering if this is doing me any good. I do believe in chiropractors, but I'm not sure it's good for lyme's patients. I think he has worked some things out, but that brings on new stuff. Oh, and even with the absense notes for work and the car accident, I still need to go to jury duty because they still are assuring me it will be just one day. Wow, Macomb County, in Michigan is tough. Everyone out there, just say a prayer I don't end up on a trial!!!! I just have that feeling, that's where I will be spending my summer!! Question though is has anyone out there gone to a chiropractor and it didn't seem to work out.
Hdittman

Post subject: Re: Here I go again!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:36 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Heidi....STOP IT! I am the whiner here!! I was just sitting here thinking about posting how horrible I feel, like that is something new.

I have seen a chiropractor many times, I am have no "blanket" opinion, they do help some people I guess.
They have never done much for me ever. Not after car accidents, not after being diagnosed w/Lyme. My husband call's them spine-wreckers and is totally against them (so is his neuro surgeon) but that is an opinion, my dad went recently and said they are 'phonies'. I never formed any opinion, I liked my chiro, we were "friends" even though he too had no idea how to help me. Not everyone here will agree and many find them of great help. I say if it helps, good - see him.

When it comes to Lyme - it is unexplainable - the pain is not "acute trauma" that most chiro's are use to dealing with such as from a car wreck and whiplash etc. It is disease pain and it will not go away until the bacteria dies. He can treat you forever and wonder why nothing helps until he realizes disease pain is everywhere the bacteria is.

Massage and I understand lymphatic massage are great....unaffordable to me, but I am sure it is great.

I can't believe you couldn't get out of jury duty...wow what a tough county!! I will pray for you that you don't have to go to trial.

Remember we are here for you - whining is what this disease creates - you have hardly been a whiner at all.

Take care,
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Laine sees a chiropractor. She knew nothing about Lyme but was willing to study and learn. I don't think she does anything different because Laine has Lyme, just maybe much more gentle because she never knows where Laine is hurting. But if Laine has a specific complaint, like her spine really hurts, or a shoulder, her targeted treatment seems to help. Laine's chiropractor is another tool in her arsenal of pain relievers. Not a cure for her disease.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Heidi,

If you are suffering from Neurological Lyme disease, your system is hyper sensitive. What that means in a nutshell is that your body does not have the resources to manage a torque alignment. Lyme patients who suffer in this way benefit from DNFT adjustments or what is called 'range of motion' gentle adjustments. Ask your chiro how he/she adjusts a baby. This is how you need to be adjusted. If you are suffering from whiplash, this is going to take a considerable time to heal when complicated by Lyme.

We understand your situation, compounded by Lyme. A year ago in December, we experienced the same. It was very, very painful for Heth. We had to learn from her Lyme ND how to manage it and help her body to heal. We learned that the gentler the approach, the longer and more effective the treatment. Could not believe it; but, we have learned SO much. Did anyone order an xray for you? You should have this and your chiro should be working from it esp. given the accident.

Heidi, now that you've had this accident, your doctor should be able to clear you from jury duty. You need to provide them with evidence b/c of the original request; but you should definitely try again. If you are hurt enough to be off work, you should not be sitting waiting to be 'not chosen' for a trial. It seems rather superficial for a clerk to deny the request on that kind of response; b/c what if you are chosen! This makes no sense and someone who is not medically trained to determine your physical ability should not be over-riding your physician's order.

Ask your chiro if they are trained in: http://www.nonforce.com/

I will be praying for you. I do not see whining, by the way. I see a very dedicated, hard working - but suffering woman of great strength. One who needs a summer vacation so her body can heal. Please know that we care. Let us know how you are. We'll look forward to hearing. You need a place to share. We all do.

God bless, Diana

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:34 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

wow, not good news for me either. I was in a small accident yesterday. But I was twisted around (reaching into the back seat, stupid me), and hit a mail box! As if the pain i was in before wasn't enough. As for chiropractors, the only one I've ever been to that has helped me with anything, is one who isn't a "typical' twist and crack type. I had a rib out of place (where it connects to the spine) for about a year, and she gently manuvered me, and it's been fine since (5 years). Since then I've been to others, when I thought I had fibro I went to one claiming he could "cure" it. 3 days a week, couple hours of rehab, massage and chiro, and I was worse than ever.
Wishing you the best.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:30 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi Heidi!
I'm Missy and i wanted to say i hope everything goes well for you and i shall say a prayer :hug:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]