My decision and my family's health crisis
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jmgarnet76 [ Mon May 12, 2008 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  My decision and my family's health crisis

I will tell you first that yes I am doing the protocol. I have all 8 IV appointments set up.

I won't share with you the sign that I received from God to do this because it is extremely personal, but I did receive a sign from God had church yesterday that I should do this treatment. I am at peace with my decision because in my heart of hearts I know that it is the right thing for me to do.

I talked with the FNP that will do the IV with me. That was the most important step in this decision process. I asked her how the other patients were doing and what I should expect. She explained a few things and I laughed out loud when she called Dr. P by Dr. P and not his full name. Then we laughed about how all Lyme doctors are called by dr. and their initial. (example: Dr. J and Dr. B and Dr. P and etc.). She gave me some advice to take Benedryl before I come and that we would do activated charcoal (does that make your eyes perk up there Dana) 3 times during the IV session. I explained my swallowing problems and we decided that there is another thing very similar that I would try instead (in fact, my nutrition guy gave me 7 of them to take each day with my Dioxychlor drops that I am to start tomorrow) so that I wouldn't have to open up the capsules of AC .. that the capsules of this other thing may taste better.

Hubby is going to be with me the first week of treatment (I hope). Then on my 3rd treatment my Aunt and Uncle are going to pick me up from my IV appointment. I figure my husband would need a break of some sort. I have to see if my Dad or brother can help in some of the pick ups. My Aunt said she would be glad to help more ... but I don't want her to help but so much because there is so much going on in my family.

My grandfather (who will be turning 90 in June) may have Lung Cancer. He had an Xray that showed something adn then a CT that showed a 2cm mass. They did a PET scan on Friday to determine more information and my Aunt said she thinks to see if it's spread to other parts of his body. I am almost sure that all we would do for him is palliative (is that the right word. aka pain management) care because he's just so fragile at this point in his life.

Also my aunt's aunt (no relation to me b/c my aunt is my aunt by marriage) may have Colon cancer. So my Aunt may have her hands full with those things. I don't want to burden her with me if she's got her hands full with my Grandfather and her Aunt.

Pray that everything comes through and that my husband won't have to take off any more time than necessary and that I can find people who are not only willing to help, but able to help.

Author:  twinofdar [ Mon May 12, 2008 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Jennifer: It sounds like a plan. I know what you mean about getting signs in church. Not sure if it's because that's when I'm more "open" or not but I often "hear" better in church. Sometimes it's like I get a tap on the shoulder or a shout in my ear.

I'm glad you are on what seems to be a good path (we will pray that it is) but sorry that your other family members are sick.

I will pray for you, Jennifer, that everything works out. Please keep us posted.

Hugs and more hugs


Author:  jmgarnet76 [ Mon May 12, 2008 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Thanks Molly. I appreciate every single person here and though we really dont' chat with each other that much .. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers more than you know.

Author:  Sojourner [ Mon May 12, 2008 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Dear Jennifer,
We will be praying for you as you walk through this plan. It sounds pretty comprehensive and aggressive with detoxing to help you through each week.

I am sorry that your grandfather is suffering also. Age 90. Wow! That is amazing. I am praying that he does not suffer, Jennifer. That his days, whatever their number, are peaceful and that he knows the comfort of the Lord.

I was very glad to see that you have family surrounding you to help. That's a huge gift. And I hope that your Aunt will be able to rest and that there will be others to help her care for your grandfather, too. I am guessing by pallitive that hospice would be coming alongside to help him, too. I'm sorry. This is a sad time for your family. Hard to see you suffering and sad to know that your grandfather may be entering his last days. I hope they are precious for all of you.

God bless,

Author:  jmgarnet76 [ Mon May 12, 2008 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

We're not even sure that it is Cancer, but we're just preparing ourself for that as a possibility (my uncle's had prostate cancer; my cousin passed from brain cancer). We're praying it's not, but preparing ourselves anyways.

My grandfather still lives in apartments if you can believe it. My aunt was talking about today how they don't know how much longer he can stay in his apartment. A lady friend stays with him and she helps the best she can, but she's not in the best health condition herself so they're just waiting to hear the reports from the PET scan.

If it is cancer, we'll handle it the way we handled my uncle's cancer (he's still kicking strong) and my cousin's cancer.

Author:  Lymeabean [ Wed May 14, 2008 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

I wish we were all closer to you Jennifer so we could help.

Author:  jmgarnet76 [ Wed May 14, 2008 12:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Well fortunately even though my husband just got a new job recently, they have been extremely understanding in my illness. When I had to leave work on Tuesday .. they just let him come pick me up without fussing over it at all. AND when he told them about my IV's .. they said it was fine. He is going to take me there .. go to work and then take an extended lunch break (probably about 30 minutes over) to pick me up and bring me home. So he should possibly only miss an hour or two of work a week. And I think he has enough time to use vacation instead of just losing the hours.

I should have enough vacation time to make me have at least 36 to 38 hours a week so that our financial situation won't get any more stressed than it already is. I just have to look at my last pay stub to see how much sick/vacation time I have to see how I want to utilize it in the next 6 weeks.

Author:  Cog1st [ Thu May 15, 2008 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

We are behind you - hope it works wonders.

Author:  istherehope [ Fri May 16, 2008 8:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

don't know how I missed this post, haven't been around much lately, been rather ill. I will have you and your family in my prayers. This protocol sounds interesting, would love if you could elaborate on it a bit. Keep us updated as to how it works for you, as in "healing you" type thing, or make you feel better, etc.

prayers for you and your family :prayer:

Author:  jmgarnet76 [ Fri May 16, 2008 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Jaime I sent you a myspace message.

Author:  ticked03 [ Sat May 17, 2008 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Jennifer, I'm excited about this treatment your fixin to do. I'm close enough, a days drive, that if it helps you I might consider it. I've felt utterly rotten the last while. I'm sittin here shakn while I type this. Should be in bed. When do you start? Blessings! Gina

Author:  jmgarnet76 [ Sat May 17, 2008 6:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My decision and my family's health crisis

Awww you're so sweet. I start Monday. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

I'll be able to update everyone by noon on Monday (unless I am so tired that I can't get online which is totally a possibility)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group