TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: vomiting and nausea
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:45 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

ok, since about december, I've been throwing up about once or twice a month... seems to be the head front of a herx. This last time was last wednesday, we finally had decent weather here, and we were all going to go for a walk, and the nausea hit me so hard, I just said "Oh (censored)" started my popping of tums... within minutes I'm running up the steps thowing up.

Does this happen to anyone else. I've always seemed to have nausea issues, but haven't actually thrown up since being pregnant....no wait, we all had the flu 2 years ago.... but still.... this is getting ridiculous. I get sick once, then have to lay in bed...can't eat or drink...just relax. I never rest, can't really, maybe it's the only way I can get some, if I'm throwing up, hubby has no choice, he has to take over.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Post subject: Re: vomiting and nausea
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:27 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I used to once or twice a month in the middle of the night I would wake up and think "somethings not right" then I'd first start sweating like crazy. Then my whole body felt like it was on fire. I'd run to the bathroom and sit down on the toilet and things started coming out of both ends. Sometimes the vomiting came a little later. Because of this, I've always been (this is tmi) a tub vomiter. I'd sit on the toilet and lean over the tub and puke. On my "weaker" days i'd just lie down in the tub and let it all come out in the tub cause I didn't have the strength to sit down.

It was scary. I had no idea that there was really something wrong. My doctor finally told me it was STRESS. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That happened for YEARS. It hasn't happened in a long long time though. I mean I get sick with my treatment, but it's different thanj what I described above.

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
http://www.jmgarnet76.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

thanks for the reply Jennifer.... I actually am a sink vomiter myself, lol :) I just lean over it hovering kinda... gotta have the cold water running , I get very hot too. Guess I'm under "stress" Gosh, these doctors.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:42 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Weekend before last week was horrible,I came off a herx and I was sick to my stomache for 3 to 4 days.I'm a sink p too ...I probably threw up 5 times that weekend but always nauseated even out and in sleep . I started cat's claw I don't know y but I feel so much better ,the last couple of days have been great ,I switched my pro b too it may have been yeast related?I was on doxy for 1 month ,now levelquin (only 2 weeks for swollen lymphs per the ENT he said that is common w/ lyme)and I'm back on doxy,I'm sure my LLMd will change it with summer comming and depending on how I am ,he said I may require IV.He doesn't totally rely on the cd 57 ,although it is a very sensitive test towards lyme.he said @ times (he suffers from lyme too)he's felt better with lower #'s @ times ,it's an up and down thing so don't live your lfe around it ,buthe said mine was pretty low 18 . He will monitor clinically as well.I go to my first support group meeting tommorrow.I can't wait. :jumpy: My mother- in -law gave me the hand out my old md is giving out with the IDSA guidelines ...Pretty scary.How can he stand behind benefience??All he is doing is harm!!!!! :faint:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:41 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Desi~
sounds as though this nausea is a pretty common thing. My poor friend who thinks she was fully treated for lyme, and now has fibro, says it's common with fibro, gagging and nausea....

I'm wondering if it's yeast related myself.

After talking to you yesterday Dana, I'm thinking my new action plan might be a parasite clense, yeast clense, and lyme treatment while still on diflucan. I think anyhow. It's all so confusing, and overlapping.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:54 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Yes, Heth experiences this. Used to be only PMS and first/second day of cycle. Sometimes intermittent nausea when hormones seemed to be dipping mid-cycle. With the Bartonella flare and her last cycle, then the intracranial swelling, it went to a new level, sadly. Her gut lining pretty torn up from the violence.

She's always said she can handle the pain but when the nausea comes, it takes her down. Its true. The cycle of dehdration to rehydration is challenging and impacts the immune response stirring the inflammatory response. The old knee bone connected to the shin bone theory. The parasympathetic nervous system kicks into gear and a cycle can begin.

We are going to address this w/acupuncture from our visit this past week to Dr.B in CT. The endocrine as well. This is new to us, so about to learn something new. A local Acupuncturist is well respected and his dad is our neighbor. Bear had a great discussion w/him and he treats a number of lymies for the nausea/cycle related issues. One more thing to do; one more cost. We can only hope and pray.

But, I share it with you in the event it may be helpful to you.
Dr. B. has Heth try Boiron homeopathic pellet for under the tongue called NuxVomica. 30C. When nausea hits, it can often ward it off. 4-5 pellets 15 min. away fm food, sublingual. If a little relief is experienced, do another round in 30 minutes and repeat again in 30 min. Sometimes it works, other times, we don't catch it in time or the circumstances are not compatible w/its ability to do what it is intended for.

Ginger (Zinghibar) is helpful if taken on a routine basis. A dear one also takes Papaya tablets.

There are so many reasons this could be an issue.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:45 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

thank you for the input Diana. Yeah, I've heard about the papaya tablets, bought those! So many times it hits so fast, nothing will help it. I think with what I do, it keeps the actual episode down a bit, and helps it from recurring that same day (usually pop an acid reducer, then papaya, or tums, then usually try to sit down while I'm burning up, and soon enough, running to the bathroom)

I get so worried about all these symptoms, they can be symptoms of so many other things. Like you said. Certainly I have lyme, no doubt about that. It seems to run in a cycle, but the symptoms that are coming on during the "herx" period are starting to worry me. The twitching was one of them. I was watching "Mystery dx" last night, and this girl had seizures because her calcuim levels were too low, which then they related to her parathyroid, and later included her adrenals. Now, I alreayd have thyroid issues, it was one of the first "real" things the doctors looked at, the tumor on my thyroid. As you know, I eventually had 2 surgeries and the whole thyroid is gone, I take Armour thryroid medicine to control that. I'm wondering if something else is going on in my endocrin system too. I see my endo in a couple months, maybe I'll have him dig deeper and see. He's pretty open minded. Much more so than the last one I saw.

oh, so many doctors, so many choices, so many symptoms, so many aaaahhhhhhh!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

istherehope wrote:
thanks for the reply Jennifer.... I actually am a sink vomiter myself, lol :) I just lean over it hovering kinda... gotta have the cold water running , I get very hot too. Guess I'm under "stress" Gosh, these doctors.

I have to run to the closet and grab a small towel or washcloth (two actually) .. one I run cold water on and put on my neck .. and the other I use for drool that comes before the vomit. I also have to grab a cup of water. If I don't have time for the cup .. I call for my husband .. which I hated to wake him up in the middle of the night.

for a while there I used to keep a stack of small towels right there near the bathroom just in case so that all i'd have to do is get the cup of water so I wouldn't wake up hubby. I'd run the water in the bathtub so that he wouldn't hear me yakking.

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
http://www.jmgarnet76.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:21 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Oh, you poor darling, I am so sorry this is happening. You need rest and to find out why this happening. Maybe you should have your LLMD run a c.diff and parasite test?!?! Since Danny's symptoms are so similar....makes sense. Next appointment drill into him your sleep problems and this vomiting...don't leave until you know why!

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:19 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better Jaime and anyone else that is experiencing nausea symptoms. I'll keep all of you in my prayers. Sorry to make this short, I'm about to head to bed myself and I'm feeling nauseous and like theres a fire burning in my abdomen. Hopefully I sleep through the night ok! :pray:

Off to say my prayers! I hope everyone is doing ok at this moment that I'm typing this. :hug: :prayer:

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:57 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

thanks everyone. I was thinking about c diff. Starting to wonder what else is going on here. Didn't you have c diff at first too Dana, is that why they gave you amoxi/biaxin? I can't remember now. I know you had stomach issues really bad though.

Happy to announce, I actually slept some last night! We got home late from Chuck E Cheese....past kids bedtime. So I layed down to get Kate into bed, and I finally fell asleep with her. Of course, as it always goes, I'm more tired now. doesn't it always work that way. can never catch up on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:55 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I hope you rested last night. You didn't eat pizza, right? Just checking.
Hoping and praying this settles down for you.

Heth was good yesterday but when she laid down for bed, the nausea came. It is gone this morning again. We are using the Medi-Clear to help w/the inflammation in her lining. We know hers is cyclic related - hormonal and lyme complicated.

She sees the acupuncturist Sat. It is a first. He has seen some good response with other Lymies who suffer from these things. So, perhaps there will be help to support her system.

Yes, it is one more thing, one more hope, one more cost. No insurance coverage.

sigh.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I have just started this symtpom lately. I get feel nauseous for no reason through out the day. It comes and goes. But lately I get in the shower. And as soon as the hot water hits me it makes me throw up.

I hope whatever it is, it gets better for you soon!

http://www.myspace.com/aloha6728

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:12 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hey J,
No I had h.pylori. If you have c.diff you will have to come off all abx except flagyl or even better vancomycin.

There are many causes for vomiting, I can't remember, do you have your gallbladder? I am worried if it is not c.diff w/Danny about gallstones.

I don't know we will see. Thursday LLMD after that I am on his primary for tests, tests, tests....vomiting, nausea I really don't know if they are all that common w/Lyme w/o a cause (other than lyme). Reactions to meds, yeast, I could go on all day.

Your LLMD seems smart, maybe an ab ultra sound is in order to make sure you don't have any gallstones and to check the bile duct etc., this is where I am going next with Danny.

Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Laine has lots of nausea, I think partly from meals of pills. Those combos would make anyone ill. Water seems to make her throw up more often, milk is better and offers a bit of nutrition.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:16 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Yep, I do this too! Never did figure out what causes it. Just know the showers warm water does sometimes trigger it. Also when I step out side to a different temp. And sometimes just out of the blue. I know that if I drink any little bit of pop it's worse. I think LD just makes our systems super sensitive to differences.

One thing I do that does seem to make my tummy some happier is a point pressure that I learned to do. From your belly button go straight down one inch then to the left one inch. Right there is a valve. Dig your index finger in and rotate till no longer sore. Then back to your belly button and straight across to your hip bone on the right. Find the middle between these two points, another valve. Work that one too. It gets your system going. I think I work these points almost daily. Love to all! And hope to all for a pukeless day! Gina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:51 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

so I guess this is more common than I thought. It's unfortunate, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Temperature change sure does seem to be a big trigger.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Wow that is really familiar. Laine had a very strange episode yesterday becoming very ill in the shower. I found her on the floor of her bathroom alseep (passed out?), put her in bed and she slept till this morning (!) She says she doesn't get nauceous but the pain gets so bad it makes her throw up. I will tell her the hot water seems to be a trigger for many of you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:02 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

oh the poor dear. The things this does to our bodies. Thank God they are just our "cocoon", I keep thinking that, it helps, it's just my physical body, my spirit inside is strong as ever. It's bad enough us "older" folks are so sick, but just breaks my heart with all these young ones so ill. I couldn't sleep again last night, so I just prayed and prayed and prayed for all of us here. God hear our prayers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]