TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Luke 13:11-13
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:34 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Here is an excerpt from a C.H. Spurgeon sermon based on Lk 13:11-13 (the woman who was bound by an infirmity for 18 years). The full sermon can be read here (if you have some time, read it - it's powerful).
http://www.spurgeongems.org/vols55-57/chs3195.pdf
Here's the excerpt:

"Poor soul, she had been a long time in this case! Eighteen years! Eighteen years! Well, that is not very long if you are in health, strength and prosperity. How the years trip along as with wings on their heels! They are scarcely here before they are fled! But 18 years of infirmity, pain and constantly-increasing weakness! Eighteen years she dragged her chain until the iron entered into her soul. Eighteen years! Two long apprenticeships to sorrow till she had become the acquaintance of grief. Yes, and some such persons, though prisoners of hope, are kept in bondage as long as that. Their disease is like an intermittent fever which comes on, sometimes, and then is relieved. They have times when they are at their worst - the ebb tide - and then they have their floods again. Now and then they have a glimpse of summer, but soon the cold chilly winter comes on them again. Sometimes they half think they have escaped and leap like the emancipated slave when his fetters are broken, but they very soon have to go back again to the jails and manacles, having no permanent relief, still being prisoners year after year. I know I am describing a case which is known to some of you. Perhaps I am photographing you!
Yet for all this, this woman was a daughter of Abraham. The Lord Jesus knew her pedigree and assured the ruler of the synagogue of it. She was one of the true seed of Israel notwithstanding all her failings. 'Ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, to be loosened even on the Sabbath?' demanded the Master. Yes, and you, poor anxious spirit, though your faith is but as a grain of mustard seed, yet, if you have a simple faith in Christ, you are safe! You, troubled and tossed one, though your boat seems ready to be swallowed up by the waves, if you have taken Jesus into the vessel, you shall come safely to the land! Poor Heart, you may be brought very low, but you shall never be brought low enough to perish, for underneath there are the everlasting arms. Like Jonah, you may go to the bottoms of the mountains and think that the earth with her bars is about you forever, but you shall yet be brought up and you shall sing Jonah's song, 'Salvation is of the Lord!' God does not cast off His people because of their dark frames and feelings. He does not love them because of their high enjoyments - neither will he reject them because of their deep depressions."

Post subject: Re: Luke 13:11-13
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:54 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

syme654 wrote:
Poor Heart, you may be brought very low, but you shall never be brought low enough to perish, for underneath there are the everlasting arms.

...but you shall yet be brought up and you shall sing Jonah's song, 'Salvation is of the Lord!' God does not cast off His people because of their dark frames and feelings. He does not love them because of their high enjoyments - neither will he reject them because of their deep depressions."

Thank you for sharing Christina. I have been in deep depression and giving my life to God. This is indeed a testing of my faith. Thank you again for sharing these comforting words. Ive been putting worship music on, but need help picking up my Bible.

Post subject: Re: Luke 13:11-13
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Thanks Christina - please post this at the new forum when you register! You are a light we need!

love,
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]