TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day 2 on Zith for 5year old daughter. Herxing???
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:37 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Okay my daughter has had two days of zithromax. Today she woke up and has done nothing but whine, cry, scream...carry on....her usual obnoxious self but intensified. As I told our LLMD, I feel that often her behaviors are not simply bratty, but ones that she cannot help. I wonder if her attitude this morning is part of a herx. I will keep watching her and I am going to keep track as well, since the doc wants to hear how she is doing in 2 weeks.

J

Post subject: Re: Day 2 on Zith for 5year old daughter. Herxing???
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:37 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Julie,
Yes, it is possible to herx in 2 days. I have started some abx and herxed by the end of the day horribly.

Zith is a strong abx with a very long half life. If it seems too rough on her ask your LLMd if you can pulse it, i.e, take it on Mon, Wed, Fri..

Hope she feels better soon.
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:20 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks Dana. I am more convinced it is a herx, because she complained this evening that she is "sooo sick," that she can't hear people talk because her ears hurt, and she was pretty upset about "when people are loud" because it hurts her ears. She also complained of being "soooooo tired." Not too typical for a 5 year old, in my experience.

Thanks - Julie (PS As an aside, my 12 year old is on day 2 of Doxy, and I haven't noticed anything although he had a headache tonight, but that is not unusual for him)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:05 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Zith ripped my mind apart after a few days and the herx party began, lol. Definitely possible that it would occur this early.

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:04 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

ceftin and zithro were both like that for me.
within two days i would get very angry and could not stand any noise.
jana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:13 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Oh, poor darling, so sorry that she has to go through this...yes zith I couldn't handle either, made it 5 days and had to stop.

Like I said, if it is too hard - ask the doctor to pulse or even switch it.

Keep us updated.
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

awe, the poor thing...I did zith for a while, it does have a long half life so taking it can be one of the stonger ones...I agree, see if you can maybe pulse it. I had to. And Dr. S in florida, i was on that when I got to talk to him, he said sometimes he has pts cut it into 1/1o's if it's too much to handle at once... so that's always a possibility too.

I will keep her and you in my prayers. I know it's not easy going thru it, and it must be so hard being the mom having to deal with it too

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks for all the zith feedback. My poor Libby, it does break my heart when I see her put her hands over her ears and cry "PLEASE STOP TALKING IT HURTS MY EARS!!!" And then just cry randomly because her arms hurt today...she tears off clothes and cries because they don't "feel good" ......she FLIPS out on her little sister and looks like she is going to lose it...

This whole Lyme crap is so surreal...I have what most people think of as four beautiful and healthy children...and to know that this spirochete has invaded their precious bodies for years and years just makes me sick....

My oldest son (12) is totally herxing and he is only on day 6 of Doxy...he is so emotional, weepy, cranky, tired, and normally he outside riding his bike and skateboard, drawing, playing all day and night with his brother and friends....

I tried to explain to him what happens on the abx but he goes immediately into panic mode and doesn't want hear it.

Thanks again , I will be seeing the LLMD tomorrow when I go for my IV and I will update her on them. She wanted to know how they were after ten days so she could determine which abx to prescribe for them

:)julie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 am 
 E-mail  Profile

My son 6, took Zith and could not handle it. It made his stomach upset, he was dizzy, had double vision, emotional, etc. I took him of of it. I am allergic to all Mycian's. They make me throw up, hives and this is just after 1 dose. All Mycian's are very hard on the stomach.

He was then put on Ceftin 1/8 of a tsp. 2x a day, Same thing but added Lyme rage.

His 1st antibiotic was Amoxy and he did great on it, no side effects.

My son can herx within minutes of taking his antibiotics.

After all we have been thru, I'm not sure what I will do next for his treatment.

I'm going to order the kit from IGeneX 2 test him for Babs and Bart, it's expensive but I do not want my son to take those med treatments if he does not have too.

Blesses 2 you. :hwings:
Krissy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 am 
 E-mail  Profile

My son 6, took Zith and could not handle it. It made his stomach upset, he was dizzy, had double vision, emotional, etc. I took him of of it. I am allergic to all Mycian's. They make me throw up, hives and this is just after 1 dose. All Mycian's are very hard on the stomach.

He was then put on Ceftin 1/8 of a tsp. 2x a day, Same thing but added Lyme rage.

His 1st antibiotic was Amoxy and he did great on it, no side effects.

My son can herx within minutes of taking his antibiotics.

After all we have been thru, I'm not sure what I will do next for his treatment.

I'm going to order the kit from IGeneX 2 test him for Babs and Bart, it's expensive but I do not want my son to take those med treatments if he does not have too.

Blesses 2 you. :hwings:
Krissy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]