TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: OFF OF ANTI-DEPRESSANTS!! And prayers 4 my sons LLMD appt.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:40 am 
 E-mail  Profile

:danc: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So I'm finally all detoxed off the anti-depressants.
This is a huge milestone 4 me. I have been on them for over 11 years. Strange but I started them within a few months of being infected (not knowing I was infected at the time.)

I feel like my mind is clear now. Of course I have the brain fog but at least it's not chemically altered. I still have body pain ALL OVER, EVERY MORNING. I feel as though my feet r frozen upon waking up and my back, neck and hands hurt the worst in the morning until I start 2 move around.

I was on Rifampin and Bacrtium for only 5 days and had 2 quit b//c I was having panic attacks, probably from the detox of the anti-dep. At 1st I did not taper off properly so I talked to my Psychiatrist and she advised my to taper off till i got to 1mg and "I'M DONE".

I'm ging 2 stay off them and never take them again. I was on 40mg of Lexapro and I was still depressed and sucidal. So needless to say they were not working and I just wanted them out of my system.

I am doing a parasite and colon cleanse (my LLMD ok'ed this) and will restart the Rif and Bact when I'm done.

Please everyone keep my son in you all's prayers. :prayer: His 2nd visit is wed the 29th in Missouri. We r driving there, leaving Monday. I will keep you'll posted.

Blesses,
Krisy

Post subject: Re: OFF OF ANTI-DEPRESSANTS!! And prayers 4 my sons LLMD appt.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:52 am 
 E-mail  Profile

You and your family are in my prayers.

I am slooooooooowly weaning off my Paxil that I've been on for about 18 years!!! Congratulations to you (pat on back)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Krissy,

Wow, it seems like you got off of them fast! I have heard it is hard to get off these meds, I am happy for you.

Let us know how the Rif/Bactrim goes - it was my sister's favorite combo.

You and your son will be in my prayers.

:hug:
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

When I weaned myself years ago it felt like my brain would sizz or buzz. Whatever. I hated the feeling! I feel for what you went thru.! But I'm glad for the choice u made!! Thoes drugs are scarey to me. Like you said you still felt depressed. Seems they're not all they're cracked up to be.

Blessings to you and your son as you go to Mo.! Gina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:52 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Krissy that is so awesome. I am so glad for you. I am trying to wean off of zoloft and am down now from 100mg to 25mg, although it has taken at least four months.

I wean soooo slowly because the withdrawl is hell for me. Absolute hell. Paranoia, dizziness, brain zaps, other neurological bizarre things, mood swings, rage at times....fun stuff.

Even going from 35 to 25 was hard.

I want to be off before returning to work in September. That is a great idea about the cleanse.

J

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]