TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: I need an objective opinion
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:44 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Hello everyone, it's me again. The one who only gets on during certain times of the year. I work for a parochial school in the kitchen and am normally quite exhausted by the time the school year ends. Then I rest up during the summer and get back to work again. This summer has been different and I'm hoping you guys can show me something I can't see. When I had my lyme's relapse or was reinfected in 1995 I got the severe headaches. Over time they come and go. I've been getting them with a terribly stiff neck and terrible jaw pain that I haven't had since maybe 2000. Now it has increased to nausea everytime I'm in a car. Plus my body temp at midnight.......I hadn't gone to bed or anything was 97.5. Usually I don't get that kind of reading unless it's in the morning. I'm on placqunil and zithromycin. I know it's not the correct dose, but my regular m.d. is trying and I don't have any insurance. I just am knocked on my keister from this. My husband wants me to go to the doctors cause he thinks it's something other than lyme, and I want to check here first because, with my life as in yours, everything seems to do with lyme. My eyes seem to be messing up also. I know my doctor, being that I am on placquenil wants me to get my eyes checked, but it's to expensive. For me it's normal not to feel well, but this is a step up from normal and I'm getting really depressed. Normally I feel when I get off work for the summer like a weight has been lifted off me. But this summer I haven't even gotten to that point. My heart is also racing more than normal. My cognitive stuff has been going down hill this school year but since I've started with the headaches it seems to rapidly be getting worse. I'm not on any thyroid medication, even though my former lymes doctor had me on armour thyroid. I am no longer able to go to my lyme's doctor. My medical doctor has tested me several times for thyroid problems and doesn't see it. Anyway......before I try to put this all on paper for the doctor I just wanted to know if you guys have any clues as far as whether this is just some more lymes crap or what........I put it all out to you for some answers.
posting.php?mode=post&f=9&sid=497e018920a4e0191b9f3b5604801c01#
Heidi

Post subject: Re: I need an objective opinion
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:48 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Heidi,
As I was reading your post "Babesia" kept jumping out at me. Have you been tested for co-infections? It also seems your Md is treating Babesia using Zith/Plaquenil.

Plaquenil rarely causes eye problems, but you should have your eyes checked every 6mos while on it. Is there a Costco near you with a optical department? I know they have a much more affordable eye exam.

I am not a doctor -but it sounds like lyme and co-infections to me. You mention way too many symptoms and everyone of them is a Lyme/co's symptom.

Symptoms can come and go for years and even new ones can start as I am sure you know.

Here is a link to the symptoms of all co's and Lyme. Let your husband see this too:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=313

Hope you feel better soon.
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:35 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Dana or any of you out there: Thanks for the information. I need one more suggestion. My doctor goes along with me, but I think he is starting to get leaned on from his associates in the office. When I see him I give him articles on lyme, but other than that I don't think he gets any other education. I appreciate him because he does try to work with me. Plus he says, "I've seen you when you haven't had any meds". My question is, if you think he is treating me for babesia with the placquenil and zithromycin, what other meds can I ask him to give me along with the former meds. I have no insurance, my husband was outsourced and we're living on his retirement until it runs out......very soon. I'm off on summer vacation from my parochial school cooking job. What can I get to supplement the medication I'm already on. I ended up with placqunil and zithro because that is what worked best on me when I was with the lyme doctor. I also am on elavil before bed, darvocet, but that isn't working really well lately. What can I tell my doctor?

I have been hdittman and hadittman over the two years or so I have known about TALD, and even though I am not on alot I so appreciate each one of you. I not only get good advice, but I always go away feeling better. Plus, you know, misery loves company. I am fortunate because I do have 2 really good friends that get how I feel, despite husbands, children and other family members. May every single one of you get at least one little bit of hope everyday. And as always, Jesus knows exactly what we go through.......He's there during every bit of the pain.......and He went through, as the son of God, so much more than even what we go through. Our best of friend and Saviour.
Love to you all.........Heidi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:01 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

hi sweetie.
I agree with Dana, sounds like more lyme symptoms coming out to me too, and co's. Dana has a list of drugs that are used I belielve in the "everything you need to know" section.

I saw you replied to my post about hubby, and it's such a shame that our significant others are so unsupportive. I pray for all of us that we are 100% well one day, so they can see the "real" us. If they think we like having to push thru all the junk and really making things worse, they have a jaded sense of reality.

you are always in my prayers. and we're always here for you.
jaime

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]