TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: I have a fever 100.4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:42 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I started Rifampin on Thursday. I haven't added in the Bactrium yet. Im wondering if the Rifampin can cause a fever from the die off? Anyways today I have felt AWFUL :bigsick: and have had a fever from 99.9 to 100.4. My body aches from head to toe.

Any one have any advise or input.
Thanks,
Krissy

Post subject: Re: I have a fever 100.4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:38 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Krissy,
You could be herxing. Danny has a fever from time to time when herxing but it never lasts more than 12-24 hours. I'd call my LLmd and ask on Monday.

One ILADS LLMd I had, would be VERY concerned even if I had the slightest fever, but I never asked why.

Rifampin is a mild cyst buster, it kills Ehrlichia and Bartonella and possibly a few strains of Lyme.

Make SURE to get liver function tests every 2-4 weeks while on Rifampin, it is known to cause liver inflammation. VERY IMPORTANT!

I would definitely call on Monday and let your doctor know about the fever and ask for a standing order blood test at the lab while on Rifampin, liver inflammation can cause fever - or drug induced Hep c.

Hope you feel better,
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

WHAT??????????? Liver problems.....Drug induced Hep c...What have I got myself into. I have Bartonella REALLY BAD....I have rashes all over my body to prove it and every single 1 of it's symptoms, even to some r Lyme sx 2.

Lately my Rage has been out of control and so has m 6 year old son. I am DARN sick and tired of this whole thing. My son and i fight constantly, every day. We both r seeing a Therapist and I also am seeing a Psychiatrist for meds and a DX. It's Bart but for my disability.....IT'S BI-POLAR and Post Traumatic Disorder (which I really do have following my son's death). I can not go back 2 work in Aug...there is no way....I'm 2 sick and so is my son and I know he will be missing a lot of school.

My hubby is pissed cuz I'm not helping him of financially.....AHHHHH I TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS, HOUSE, BILLS and EVERYTHING else....Except the grass, which we pay someone to do. Hubby goes to work and that's it. I have to say lately he has put forth SOME effort in helping around the house and with the kids. Trying, I gotta give him that.

I will call my LLMD 2morrow and ask about the fever.
I guess I should go to my retarded PCP for the blood work. Better 2 be safe.

Krissy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

honey it comes down to what is more important, and that is getting well. I think that you haven't been on rif long enough to be concerned about hep. and liver issues, so don't get yourself worked up just yet. I have a fever too, seems like we all do....I went to the doc friday and was 99.9 or somethng like that.... he said it's been an odd year, most people shouldn't be having a flu or anything at this time of the year, but he's seen a LOT of it....I think it has to do with the strange weather we've been having. we went from 90's to 60's now to 70's....we usually average 80's for the past 5 weeks, but it's not been that way.... been wet and cold, occasionally we'll get an insainly hot day, then a bad storm and cool again... and of course my hub blames it all on the drugs. I've had stomach issues for weeks, as have my kids, but no, it's the drugs....uh, then why are my kids having the same issues, I'm certainly not feeding them soma's! moron!
xoxo
j

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:27 am 
 E-mail  Profile

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Please don't feed them Soma's.
Jaime I LOVE YOU!!!!! U CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 am 
 E-mail  Profile

i have a slight fever too. i have had a slight fever while off antibiotics for a long time always over 99 sometimes,100.

but lately i have had stomach issues also.

krissy, my husband has ADD so does my stepson and my son has ADHD and ODD. There is not one day without drama. just getting him to brush his teeth is an ordeal.
both my husband and son have gluten-celiac problems.
and dairy sensetivities.
the best book i listened to on ADHD is DELIVERED FROM DISTRACTION BY edward hallowel.
ADD seems to run in families to you or your husband have it. of course it can be cause by many variables.
jana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:39 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Jana,
I know about brushing the whole teeth thing....AHHHHH....My son is so difficult in every way. He is like having a house FULL OF KIDS....I could not imagine having anymore.
MY nephew has ADHD, my husbands nephew has ADHD, I have ADD.....I guess or it's Lyme induced. If I had the H part then maybe I would lose some weight. :laugh3:

My son has SEVERE SEVERE OCD, He has an appt on the 29th with his LLMD and I'm going to ask about putting him on a mood stabilizer. His up's and down's r extreme ( only since he has been in treatment) so I know he is not bi-polar, it's from the treatment.

His ODD is way over the top, it has been even b4 treatment. I'm so tired of all this and have been really depressed lately. Thank God Vacation Bible school is this week...Thurs & Fri from 7pm to 9 pm...Sat 10am to 2 pm. They also have class for 2 year old's. So this is awesome I can bring them to VBS at church and sit in the Sanctuary and talk to some ADULTS....I don't get 2 do this much.

Krissy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am 
 E-mail  Profile

hi krissy,

i can only imagine how difficult it is for you.
my son has been screaming or whining almost non-stop.
he has to be in constant motion and gets bored with things very quickly.
as a mother i ache for him and it is difficult to figure out what to do for him.
jana

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]