TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ] 
 Post subject: Danny's flu test positive, is it swine????
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:50 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Thought I should let our TALD family know that Danny is in the ER as of thursday morning. He was having a reaction to bicillin/biaxin combo and was gasping for air, and very ill , high fever, etc. Dana called their lyme doc and he said to get him to the ER. I will update as I find out more. For now, please keep Danny, Dana and Paul in your thoughts and prayers, this isn't going to be fun, fighting with ER docs on what is going on...I know many of us put off going, as they have for several days now, because it seems as though we seem to know more than the docs might when dealing with this, so this was a hard decision for them to go.

Prayers with you Danny.
xoxo
j

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Post subject: Re: Prayers for Danny, he's in ER
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:09 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

i am praying for danny, dana and paul :prayer:
please be well Danny.
jana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:05 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm praying!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:33 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Praying for you Danny, Dana, and Paul. Please keep us updated. Praying for Gods protection and healing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:40 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

:prayer: I will be praying for the whole family.
:jc: Will come thru Danny.

Love,
Krissy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:52 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I am praying for you Danny, and also Mom and Dad. God will see you through this. Love to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Aw, love and thanks to all of you.

I am checking in late, I am VERY worn out.

Danny has been doing Biciiliin shots for months, he has done well. His LLMd added Biaxin - which he seemed ok on for 5 days and has done well on before with an amoxi/Biaxin combo.

Usually, he does have a fever after a Bicillin shot for a short time, less than 12 hours, he gets shocking sensations, then things settle down and he does ok.

This time the fever started and has lingered at 101-103 - 48 hours of this concerned his LLMd and wanted his liver and appendix checked. He was worried about drug induced hepatitis to liver inflammation - many things.

The first doc at ER - when I mentioned LD and Bicillin shots had been give so long, paused for a full minute and just stared, as if to say "Are you crazy?" I said, "I am not here to dispute his diagnosis, if you want to dispute that call his Lyme doctor. I am here to find out why this fever and breathing problems are happening". He went off duty and another doc came on. He asked about the shots. In the "mainstream" world I won't use the word "Chronic" I said, "He has a resistant case of LD and has done Bicillin weekly for many months". He seemed accepting and moved on - praise God.

He did chest x-rays- everything looked good. They then were concerned with possible swine flu. So they had me rush him to the lab where they could get test results within a few hours. But the swine flu test is a nasal swab that takes several days to get in. In the meantime, the Rx'd Tamiflu and sent us home.

All blood tests came back normal - again thank God...a few minor "highs" but nothing to be alarmed about.

The flu test will be in Saturday or Monday. Meanwhile he is on Tamiflu - tonight for the first time in days his fever is down to 99.

He has been VERY sick, bedridden. It so much reminds me of when he was 7 and had LD and no one knew what was wrong.

At this point - we don't know if this simply a HUGE herx - the breathing problems, have been scary and unlike herxing I have ever seen. Tonight he ate and seems to be slowly (I pray) returning to normal He has drenched shirt after shirt with this fever that nothing would "break" this fever, ibuprofen - nothing would stop this fever. The doctor was very concerned as well.

At least we know it isn't an appendicitis, or liver problems, etc. I hope it isn't swine flu, not only for his sake, but that would mean we are all exposed. Oddly, I have felt strange the last 10 days or so -like something else may be going on with me, but I blow everything off to lyme, so I don't know. I could have "carried" it and never developed it and passed it to him.

If the test is negative - I just pray the fever continues to go down an his appetite returns fully - he did eat tonight. It could remain an unsolved mystery.

It is funny, it does not matter how old your kids are - you "react" like a mom forever I guess.

I personally am completely slammed -so tired. I am grateful for Danny's girlfriend (who posts occassionally - Missy) who has stayed by his side helping me throughout this to make food, or get drinks for him, change his sheets, get clean clothes when he drenches his, etc. she has been a life saver to me and really she has Ld/Babs herself (not in treatment) and goes through her own horrible symptoms. I swear the 2 of us are just flat worn out. Amazing how much one person can need so much care that 2 of us are exhausted completely.

My husband has started a new LD protocol and this week and so far is holding up well, he cleaned house (wow!) did a good job while we were gone ALL DAY - and made things very comfortable for us to just come home and crash.

I will keep you updated when I am able to check in again.

Love to you all -
xoxox
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:22 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I was worried about you having to fight with mainstream docs, I'm glad the second one didn't make an issue out of it.

I heard on the news last night that the swine flu was making a come back, and supposed to be big in the fall too... of course they are working on a vaccinne none of us will dare take!

I'm so glad Melissa is there helping out, what a lifesaver! I know it's so hard to go go go when you're not feeling well yourself, so at least the two of you can trade off and on. And Paul cleaned the house! WOW! That's great!

Keep us posted. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

love
j

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Keep prayers going ....things have been at a fever pitch - he is very sick today...

Love,
Dana

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:06 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm still praying for all of you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Just said a prayer for Danny. Remember when Jesus rebuked the fever of Peter's mother-in-law and it left (Mt 8:15)? I know He is a faithful God so just start thanking Him for Danny's restored health.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:51 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Dana, I was just sick after talking to you last night... I so hate that we live so far away, I wish I could be there....

keep repeating healing scripture over him. Was reading a Joyce book "be healed in Jesus' name" , and HE wants healing for all of us. Remember what you posted a while back, the guy who had leukemia, had no chance of making it thru the night, the family kept posting and reading healing scripture over him, then the chemo , everyone else died and, and HE LIVED! the only one to live of all the others in the trial. The one thing I read in the Joyce book is that soemtimes you seem to get sicker, then people loose faith, but it's like a bruise and it gets worse befreo better...you both have been prayed over, seeked out elders, etc, YOU are healed, this could be part of the healingprocess. I'm praying big time for you all. For Danny to get well, no more of this, all this sickness leave his body, and for you too, but also as a mother that He gives you strength to get thru this. I know how hard this is for you. I'm so glad Mel is there with you to help out...what a blessing from God.

love you much
me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:07 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I am starting to think he has serum sickness...many abx can cause it. It is a delayed "reaction" to abx and can last awhile - fever is always involved and the wheezing/breathing problem.

Thank you to all of you for your posts/ prayers...

We are praying, praising, confessing scripture, thanking, binding & rebuking...all day.

Will keep you updated.

Love,
Dana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:02 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

God bless you Dana, tell Danny I am praying and thanking God for the healing that IS coming. Love to you; keep your own strength up. Amy :pray:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Just want to let you know I am still praying for all of you. I'm praying for Danny that he feels better VERY soon, praying for you, Paul and Melissa because I know this is hard on all of you. This is just insaine. I swear if I win the lottery I am opening a center for lyme patients, kinda like the cancer centers of america , where we can all live together, have the best care, and give eachother REAL support, not just online and phone .... somewhere that we can all be in ONE place and ALL pray over eachother at the same time.

Christina, good reference on Jesus rebuking the fever, I had forgot about that.

And remember the lady who was bleeding and touched His robe and He said "your faith has healed you" I KNOW He is with you all right now, and He will bring you thru this. Just keep picturing our "meeting" the airport scene...of course Danny, Paul and Mel will be there too, if you can picture it, it will come to pass :)

Post subject: Re: Danny's flu test positive! Swine????
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:56 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Everyone
Danny's type A flu test came back positive today. We will know in 2-3 days if it is swine flu, aka H1N1.

He was put on Tamiflu last Thursday - I almost didn't buy it, it is EXPENSIVE! But glad now of course he has been on it. It stops replication.

All of us exposed to Danny - should be (pray) out of danger since most exposed to this flu would show symptoms within 1-4 days.

I have felt "odd" with what is for me a low grade fever, but thought I might be herxing - but I am wondering if my body is trying to fight off "something". I have said for days I don't feel right..but w/LD how do you know what is what?

My LLMd offered me Tamiflu but thinks the medicine is a waste of time...not sure why. Anyway - I keep praying.

Love and thank you for continued prayers,
Dana

Post subject: Re: Danny's flu test positive, is it swine????
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:38 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Sorry about Danny i hope he is doing better, Lyme is a nightmare that masks so many things it's hard to tell what's going on sometimes because there is so many twists and turns with Lyme.

P. G. UP!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:46 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Praying for a speedy recovery for Danny, and that the rest of you stay well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Ugh! How awful that (already) sick Lymies have such a difficult time figuring out that they have the flu.

I hope Danny feels better soon. I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis.

Take care all of you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Thank you for all the prayers...fever has broken, but some symptoms are still taking some time to head out as you all probably know thats how the flu goes.... Influenza A test was positive. Waiting to hear back if it was Swine flu or not....either way I don't care and praise God I'm still standing after that onslaught. :jc:

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I think it's ridiculous that they test for flu A and then wait to send out for swine flu, come on!~ I talked to my doc friday and he said that it's making a comeback, that it's odd for flu and such to be this time of year but he's seen a lot of it....of course he's trying to talk me into flu shot this fall...yeah right! I'm fighting with hub to not vaccinate my kids anymore for anythign as it is, I just do NOT trust our gov't. I had a flu shot once about 10 years ago, and had to quit a job over it because I was so sick! Of course "fibro" doc doesn't know about lyme, or rather believe I have it because elisa was negative, so I tried to use the "I am building my immune system with herbal supps" game....

You are all still in my prayers. It could be a combo of flu and herx, worst of worst I know.

love you all
j

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:56 am 

I got a e-mail yesterday saying that the last flu shots were killing and crippling people i would take any flu shot, or any shot for anything, you just can't trust our medical profession anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:46 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

amen to that Johnny! was just saying the same thing. I'd actually rather take stuff that is not FDA approved, I mean they approve these things that are toxic, kill people, and yet won't approve natural supplements.

After talking to Dana, the more I think about it, the more certain I am that stupid flu shot 10 years ago is what triggered my lyme explosion...I was semi symptomatic my whole life of course, but nothing like the decline in the past 10 years, and of course the steroid shots 4 years ago or whatever it was didn't help...

Danny I didn't sleep much again last night, so of course I was praying hard for you. And for you too Dana, Melissa and Paul, that God gives you all the strength you need to be more than a conquorer.

love
j

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:07 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Jaime - thank you very much - prayers always are needed. It seems apparent he is going to take some time to be "normal" after this hit.

Johnny - check my thread on the dangers of the flu shot.

Our doctor told us the other day (this sounds weird) that the weaker the immune system you will NOT get the flu -he said a strong immune system "takes on " the flu and colds because that is what it is suppose to do to make the body stronger. A weaker immune system won't "accept" it OR we can have a mild case and never know. As the manufacturer's themselves say (see other post) flu shots are worthless anyway - you have the same exact odds of getting the flu getting the shot or not.

Danny has to call today to find out the strain of flu...if it isn't H1N1 they may never know.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:11 am 

Wow Dana, the very first i heard of that (weakened immune system resiting flu) that may explain a lot of thing too, i heard the other day that the reason we get exhausted and fatigued is because our energy cells are too busy fighting the Lyme.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

istherehope wrote:

Danny I didn't sleep much again last night, so of course I was praying hard for you. And for you too Dana, Melissa and Paul, that God gives you all the strength you need to be more than a conquorer.

love
j

Sorry to hear that Jaime (lame sympathy I know, but not sure what else to say :0 ). You and everyone else here are in my prayers daily.

As far as the flu goes...still kicking the symptoms...this has been TOUGH. Feeling both lyme and such a severe flu...ugh. I pray no one else has to go through this.

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:12 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

not lame Danny, silly boy! haha. I know you go thru a lot of what I do to, so we relate alot on symptoms and suckishness of them!

I know it's so hard when we have to deal with anything else on top of regular lyme, I've had some really severe colds and flues in the past few years and it's just not fair. I always say we should be exempt from anything else!

I will have to post something on praying when I figure out how to say it, been up since 4am, shoulda called you all, you were probably still up! But was watching this minister who was talking about praying, and it made sense, but I can't remember how he put it exactly, but it was something along the lines of praying with the spririt and not the flesh...

love and prayers.
j

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]