TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Starting Plaquinil today
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:37 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi all,

I started Plaquinil today; just half a tablet to begin with and then we may increase. My Dr. really got after me today because I hadn't been in in six weeks and I was supposed to have been back within two. My bad, I deserved it.

I have also changed to a fully organic diet, also at my Dr.s request. Dang it. :faint:
I eat pretty well, but must confess to the drinks with Splenda in them. (I'm off completely now.) We went to the local health food store after my appt and loaded up on all kinds of food. It actually wasn't that hard; there are alot of really good choices. I had to laugh at my daughter, who was quite proud when she came up and handed me the "Heinz" brand of organic ketchup! :wiggle: Who knew?

Anyway, hopefully I can stop feeling so stinken' toxic inside. I knew I needed to give up the Crystal Lite lemonade, just needed my dr. to shame me into it I guess. Love to you all. Amy

Post subject: Re: Starting Plaquinil today
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Amy,
Well organic food is great - expensive sometimes though! Do you have a Trader Joes near you? I love that store - I buy a lot of my foods there, even organic coffee! Which I admit I can't drink anymore :sadangel: but my husband loves it.

Yeah, who knew Heinz had organic ketchup! Wow!

Plaquenil - my LLMd says to have your eyes checked before you start then once every 6 months. It is RARE but it can cause some kind of eye damage. I talked to an eye doctor about it, she said it was rare, but a good idea to have your eyes checked as a "starting point" before using then once every six months while on it.

It is a milder cyst buster and it was originally meant to relieve joint pain. I have thought a lot about asking my LLMd for Plaquenil - but right now I have several different things he wants me to try, starting with a abx allergy test for Ceftin. Kind of the final blow out on orals before IV.

Do you have access to an infrared sauna? I have become quite the fan. I was so hesitant because heat can amp my nerve pain, but not infrared saunas and they are an EXCELLENT detox! We ended up buy one (all 3 of us w/LD) decided it would be a good health investment...I love it! If you can find on at a health club or spa to try out - do it!

Molly will back me on this - she bought just a small one on Ebay - she loves! Even infrared sauna blankets (also on Ebay) are good my LLMd said. She bought this one and like I said - loves it: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LARGE-INFRARED- ... 7C294%3A50

Make sure you can sweat, some people can't - always start slow 10 minutes or so work your way up to 30 minutes or so..I haven't even gotten that far yet. But nothing makes me feel as good. It detoxes everything and builds the immune system. (see link below)

A quick toxin adsorbent (the body doesn't absorb it - so it adsorbs) is activated charcoal. When I feel "toxic" brain foggy or nauseated I will do Activated (make sure it is Activated) Charcoal for a couple of days in a row - it can do wonders too!

Infrared sauna link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1663

Activated Charcoal link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=286

Happy health! :jumpy:
:hug:
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks Dana. I thought the whole "sauna" thing would make me sicker; no? I will read the link you gave me; it must not just be a hot box you sit and sweat in, or no one would be able to tolerate it. Love to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

i actually have some plaquinil here I've been thinking about taking...it's from my original dx of lupus, RA, scleroderma and of course fibro! I just never agreed with those dx's, so never really took it.... yeah have your eyes checked as a baseline, the eye issues are very rare, and the way you'll kinda know something is going on is when you look at say a corner , what should be a straight line, it will look crooked, is what my eye doc said.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]