TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Becoming God's Masterpiece
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:41 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Thought this was a "cute" example in this video of how God "chisels" us.

Change never feels good and in adverse times is when we grow. Lyme has changed me more than anything in the world could, my thinking, my compassion, my focus - thank God...because the old me was not very Christ-like, although I still believed, the "molding" had not took place.

When this is over for me, it will likely be the best thing that ever happened...sounds utterly ridiculous, but I think some of you know what I mean.

Watch this:

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?vi ... 281df74bb2

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Post subject: Re: Becoming God's Masterpiece
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:00 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks for providing this video. I cried all the way through it. It is true, the chiseling process is a very painful place to be. That is where He has me now. Chiseling away the pride, self reliance, self, and living/thinking somehow, even as a Christian, that I didn't need Him. I have wanted to be filled with the fullness of Him, little did I know it would require more of the cross in my life. My very life depends on Him. Thank you for sharing. The chiseling is very painful place.

I saw this on another website, thought it related:

Quote:
His devotionals can be found at http://davidwilkerson.blogspot.com

THE TRIUMPHANT CHURCH

There is a triumphant church rising up even now, coming out of great trials of faith.

This last-days church is emerging from fiery furnaces and long days of affliction. So, you ask, what does God plan to do?

What I see happening is the Holy Spirit at work bringing a people into utter brokenness. He’s leading them to a revelation of weakness in their own flesh, in order to show himself strong. I see him bringing his people to the end of themselves, crushing their stubborn wills, until their mindset becomes only, “His will be done.” I see him leading his beloved ones into places of trial so difficult only a miracle can deliver them. And through it all, they are becoming wholly dependent on the Lord for everything.

Does this describe your situation? Perhaps you’ve been walking with Jesus for years, and you’ve never faced a test like the one in front of you right now. Things are coming at you that seem overwhelming, things that only God can do something about. And you realize only he can bring you through.

Right now, Islamics are preparing for a final jihad, to “take over the world” for Allah. Islamic training camps are rising up worldwide with a message of hate, characterized by merciless beheadings.

Yet the Lord also has a people in training, a people he’s going to use to face down the wrath of this world. How will he accomplish this? He is training and equipping them in his loving kindness and peace. Our God is a God of love, and he won’t use bombs, guns or suicide squads, but an overcoming people who are fearless in the Lord of tender mercies.

All over the world, God’s people are experiencing suffering, afflictions and torture more than ever in their lifetime. And of this I am sure: there is a divine, eternal purpose in the intensity of these spiritual and physical battles now being endured in the true body of Christ. “His tender mercies are over all his works” (Psalm 145:9 ).

End Quote.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I love this...and know exactly what you mean... I'm in the "chisling" process too, I'm grateful yes, I have come a LONG way from who I was, I'm definitly not the same person I used to be, but I know too that I Have a long way to go. As Joyce always says "I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be" He know's what He is doing, and we just have to be willing to "die to self" and go for the ride and come thru the other side.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:33 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

istherehope wrote:
He know's what He is doing, and we just have to be willing to "die to self" and go for the ride and come thru the other side.

Thanks Jaime. How does one with humility submit to the cross and be willing to die to self? Is it about giving up the fight, about surrender. I want God to have His way and purpose in me through this suffering. To have a hardened heart where self remains unchanged is not where I want to be. How do you allow the cross and God to have their way?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:04 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I think when she says that she means not giving into the fleshly desires, your body wants one thing, when you know in your heart and soul it's wrong and you shouldn't do it.

she talked about having a hardend heart at the conference I went too, I will get my notes up here soon as I can, with her sciptural refrences

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]