TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi All
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi to all the friends here;

I am doing ok; wanted to just say hello. I am still plugging along with my rocephin, biaxin and (some liquid med) for systemic yeast.

I found out a few days ago that an eleven year old on the next street over has stupid Lyme disease. He actually got a full blown bull's eye; thank you Jesus. :jc: His mom is on the ball, and didn't listen to his pediatrician as far as length of treatment. She is seeing a LLMD in Malibu.

I am sharing any and all info, incuding my DVD of UOS with as many people that I can. I have a relationship with the school district's nurse, because my daughter is a type 1 diabetic, and she is eager to see the movie and just "be aware". Again God uses things in all sorts of ways. Love to you all, and I am continually in prayer for all of you.

Love, Amy :ghug:

Post subject: Re: Hi All
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:53 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Amy,
Do you think IV is helping? I have to admit, I am sort of afraid. I think the PICC line insertion seems the worst, but it must not be, because not many talk about it.

I am glad that boys mother is on the ball. It will hopefully save him from suffering a very long time. Let us know how he is in the future.

I too have shared UOS with everyone. Once a part of this world - we all become a voice for it, it is hard not too! :-)

My son who has suffered so much was turned down on his 3rd try for disability. I just shook my head - if they only knew how he "earned" that money. Anyone would rather work and live normally than endure this. It is astounding that most docotor's, even disability do NOT understand how disabling this disease can be.

I hope one day people really understand the severity of sympoms and what Lyme patients live through.

Love,
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:01 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi Dana,

I'm sorry for your son. Tell him not to give up. (Easy for me to say, right?) It may take an attorney.

I do think IV is helping. I don't feel so "sick" or "toxic" inside, and I do have more energy. Don't be afraid of the line; c'mon, we've given birth! :console: It's a bit of a freaky concept, but you don't feel it whilst it's being put in. Then your arm hurts for about three days and then you forget you have it. Except for the snazzy tube sock you get to wear on your arm. :kicking:

As I've said, I am going slow on the amount of ceftriaxone. You don't have to be married to any dosage. Love to you my friend. Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

ha!ha! I love it! Yes, giving birth had a great payoff...so does lyme treatment have a great payoff!

I have to do a cephalosporins "challenge". I MIGHT be allergic to Rocephin. (I pray not).

Many moons ago (lol!) when I was only 19, I took Keflex. After a few days I noticed something that may be insignificant (I hope so, the cephalosporins are so important to LD treatment) the palms of my hands were red and warm. I remember wondering if I should even bother calling the Md, I did and switched me to a penicillin.

I do great on the penicillin's and it is a million to one chance to be able to do the penicillin's and not the cephalosporins.

So - anyway, my LLMd insists I sit in a local doctor's office, take 1/2 a ceftin or Omnicef and be watched for 3 hours! If no immediate reaction, I am to remain on it for a week. If I pass the "test" I am good to go on Rocephin. If not, he wants to use Vanco..I am not into that..that is a harsh (and more dangerous) drug, although very effective against lyme.

So we will see. In the next month I will do the challenge - I will be sure to ask for prayers, I really think I will be ok...I hope so.

I will go easy like you...I am not diving in more than a few days a week. It is wonderful to hear you are feeling better.

This may sound like a dumb question...do you get your Rocephin at the pharmacy? Is it Rx'd like other abx?

Again..so happy to hear improvement. I read this Lyme doctor's blog - it is quite interesting, he said many who feel well are afraid to stop..but he says the switch to Amoxi or Omni will "catch" you so you don't relapse.

My llmd loves this doctors blog...we were talking about it our last visit..many interesting stories if you ever want to read some, here is the link: http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2009/06/life ... ephin.html

:hands:
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:18 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

so glad you're feeling better! The turtle wins the race! I too am scared of a picc line...I just don't know if I could do it, I Hear so many different stories, some are great, some are horrible, so as everything with treatment we all react differently.

Dana I can't believe Danny was turned down the 3rd time! ohhhh this makes me SO mad!

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Dana,

My Insurance company sends my meds via overnight Fedex. I am mixing myself now; they send everything I need. My prior ins. company had me use a local pharmacy that mixed it for me, but I could only get ten days at a time.

Now I have the powder in one vial and the sterile water in the other, mix together then redraw and inject. Mad science! :kicking: It's fun! And I'm wierd! :D Love to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:01 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Amyloo I am glad u are doing well. I knock this sounds weird but i would love to have a Picc just so i could knock this crap out faster. I have been feeling really bad, as far as pain, my brain fog is not so bad.

I am on Doxy, Levaquin and Tindimax on weekends. I do 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I guess it has helped cuz EVERY PART OF MY BODY HURTS.......

I have got to think of another protocol.

XOXOXO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Krissy,

How long have you been on Levaquin? Is that the one everyone talks about causing pain in the tendons? I thought it was but not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:36 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Hey, well I have been on the Levauin for about 3 months, (pulsing it). I get e-mails all the time about Levaquin causing Tendon Rupture (which I always seem to ignore and delete them) but I guess I never thought of it just causing pure PAIN IN THE TENDONS. When I think about it....when ever I'm taking the Levaquin my feet and ankles all the way up 2 my Achilles Tendons they hurt really bad upon waking in the morning....they start to feel better thru out the day....but even with pain meds they still hurt.

So this is my question? WHY AM I ON LEVAQUIN? I have never heard of any one else taking this as part of their Lyme treatment. Last year I had 3 Bladder surgeries and took this after each one for 10 days but I have never taken it before that.

Dana.....Anyone else? Why am I on this? I'm going to stop on my own b/c I never had this much tendon pain before and whats next TENDON RUPTURE.......NOT FOR ME.

KRISSY

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]