TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Video Testimony Healed of LD (Krissy your llmd?)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:46 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

This is a 3 part series of a woman's healing testimonial of being healed of LD - sick 17 years with Lyme.

(Krissy, I think she saw the LLMd you see? She talks about him)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_bhMdcaofI

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVurKip ... re=related

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_aPXaAI ... re=related

~~~~~~~~~

My opinion....

I didn't agree with everything the minister said. I think the way he worded things could be especially taken wrong by non-believers or new believers. He said some factual things, but then he said things that were not true at all in my opinion (if I understood him correctly, I watched twice). It just seemed he was indicating that sin issues cause sickness and disease. Maybe before Christ. But all sin was nailed to the cross with Jesus and as believers we are forgiven. We all sin everyday, if we worry that is sin, it is not of faith...thank God we are forgiven!

In the 3rd segment I did not agree at all when he quoted the Old Testament that pertained to Saul and applying it to those who are sick. He talks about sin and God sending out a tormenting spirit. That scripture, which he uses out of context and really to me as a horrible example, was about Saul the Christian murderer (before he encountered God on the road to Damascus & became Paul & wrote most of the New Testament) and is from the Old Testament. This preacher has somehow forgotten, or is ignoring that we have been forgiven, "It is finished" as Jesus said. I think it could make people feel like they did something wrong to deserve Lyme. My point is to make those understand God doesn't bring on sickness and disease, He removes it!

Jesus did it all for us and we are healed by His stripes. Now God apparently uses us during the storms of life for His Glory - Romans 8:28 - "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." "No weapon formed against us shall prosper".

Think of it this way, there are plenty of "physically" healthy non-believing sinners. In other words, what is he saying? Every sinner (that would be everyone on the planet including him) have a tormenting spirit of sickness? That is absurd, Christians are forgiven, period.

The actual scripture he uses is this from the OLD Testament (before Christ died for our sins):

Saul was the first king of Israel anointed by God. He was a great king, victorious in all his battles; but he fell into disfavor with God due to his disobedience (1 Sam. 13:8-14, 15:2,3,8-11,19-23). So God’s Spirit left Saul and came instead upon David (16:13,14a), who later would become Israel’s second (and greatest) king Now after the Spirit of God left Saul, an evil or injurious spirit, sent by God, came to torment him.

Saul was not a Christian, he in fact was a Christian killer. As one site says about this: If God and his grace do not rule us, sin and Satan will have possession of us. Saul was not ruled by God, he hated him and killed his followers. God was more "active" in the Old Testament as we can see, He now is at rest the bible says. He is not going to DO one more thing, because it all has been done, including healing!

This woman was a Christian! Admittedly, "backslidden" (I hate that expression, because once "saved" always "saved") she said she turned her back on God, but she fails to understand He didn't turn His back on her and He most definitely didn't "send a spirit to torment her" Dear God, that is absurd!! Even had she "opened a door to the enemy" by sinning, God would NOT send a tormenting spirit..this minister has overlooked the impact of the life, death and resurrection of Christ on the believer completely! He next quotes Romans 14:23.."anything not of faith is sin". He is a sinner whether he knows it or not, we all are - why isn't he sick? We all fall short of the glory and that is why we need Christ.

In the New Testament Hebrews 12 sums it up when God said: "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Also, Jesus healed everyone he came across even at least 2 gentiles - and always what did he say healed them? YOUR (their) faith!

I also did not agree when he told the one woman she was out of faith by keeping medicine around in case she felt ill again, that is like saying you are out of faith for keeping aspirin in the house because you might get a headache. God works through doctors and medicines to create miracles too.

Nothing BAD comes from God - NOTHING, not ever and he would not send out a tormenting spirit because of our sins. God isn't doing anything, He is at rest! Instead He sent His son to die for us He loves us so much! If a believer, your sins (same as this woman) were forgiven when Jesus died on the cross!

He is right in saying we were healed over 2000 years ago (which is what she eventually got a revelation/deeper faith on and was healed) but again this man fails to remember we were also forgiven, one time, for all sin, forever through the blood of Christ once we believe. There is nothing more we can DO to add to what Jesus has already "finished", but believe.

I don't want anyone (member or not) reading this or watching this video and think God sends out sickness and disease and that your sins have brought on Lyme..believers (this is what keeps people away from a loving God, thinking He is causing sickness for something we did, NOT TRUE!) we are forgiven and healed. Believe and it will manifest.

I highly recommend the book Grace Walk by Steve McVey for those who do not understand that knowing/believing in God is about resting in Him and allowing Him to live through us.

In the end it is wonderful to hear yet another testimony of a miracle healing from God of this hideous disease, Lyme.

Of course, your opinion's are welcome.

Dana :bible:

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Post subject: Re: Video Testimony Healed of LD (Krissy your llmd?)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:32 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I understand the points he was trying to make but he didn't explain them correctly/very well especially to someone who is a newer Christianin my opinion. Praise God she's healed and I hope that minister gets revelation on more thorough and gentle explanations. ;)

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:18 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks for sharing these videos. I believe the Word is true and that God does heal today. His healing may not always be instantaneous (sometimes it is), but sometimes it is a process. Videos like these are encouraging.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I couldn't watch it all, when they started saying that sin is the reason we are all sick...just touched me wrong. yes, I'm sure we all have things we can work on, but we have a LOVING and FORGIVING God, we are human, and that's why we needed Jesus. SO unless we are perfect as He was, then what, we're always going to be sick?

I really think that as Joyce said in her cd's why some people are sick, why some stay sick, there's many reasons, yes, sin can be one of them, but could be Him putting a halter on us to pull us back to Him, could be using us for a bigger purpose (ie Dana, you and I have reached thousands of people with the work we've done on the websites) and on and on....

I always thought that if you ask for forgiveness, admit you are a sinner, you are forgiven? I"ve done that 2 years ago, and I'm still sick... maybe there's a purpose, something I have yet to grow in, people to help I don't know...we just need to put it in His hands.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:00 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I didn't watch the videos but based on the replies I don't much want to... God says he will not repay us according to our iniquities (Ps. 103:10). David is talking about the righteous - in New Covenant terms, the church. What about the apostles and disciples of the early church? Paul says "you know it was because of a bodily ailment that I preached the gospel to you at first" (Gal 4:3). He also says "I left Trophimus, who was ill, at Miletus" (2 Tim 4:20). Paul refers to his own depression in 2 Cor 7:6: "But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus..." And he tells us about Epaphroditus, his "brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier" - he says "indeed he was ill, near to death. But God had mercy on him..." (Phil 2:27). Did Paul and his fellow workers sin? Of course that wasn't it! If anything, the illnesses were opportunities to receive the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ and to be humbled so that Christ could be further exalted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:31 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi Dana -
One clarification that needs to be made based on the first post you made - the Saul of the Old Testament is NOT the Saul of Tarsus in the New. Saul was the first king of Israel who was appointed by men, rather than appointed by God (like David). Not only did he did not rule Israel according the Lord's ways, he pursued David relentlessly in attempts to kill him.
He came hundreds of years before Saul of Tarsus (Paul) who is introduced in Acts 8.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]