TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Baptized today!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Can you believe I have never been baptized? I have wanted this for so long...it is long over due.

I found an awesome non-denominational Christian church, the pastors are so great, I hope to be able to attend this church, everything hinges on how I am feeling of course and that is why regular church attendance is so hard for me. Not to mention, I have been to several churches around here (prior to LD explosion) but I never really felt at home, just sort of "dead" services, ya know? No life to them. So for years I stayed immersed in the Word of God by watching ministers on TV and studied the bible. I think I would really like this church a lot...I hope I can go often. I just adored the pastors. But even if I can't always go, they post their services on youtube.

So anyway...My son Danny (Silver -Admin here) and I and his girlfriend Melissa (she is a member here too "Missy" who hasn't posted much lately :[ ) were all baptized.

After we were prayed for by a few ministers for healing.

I never realized what a huge deal they'd make of it.

At the church they have a beautiful stage - the band plays first and then the baptisms, then the sermon.

They have this beautiful jacuzzi next to the stage and EVERYONE in the church watched, about 200 people. We were fully immersed under water - it was AWESOME! When each of us came up out of the water the people just erupted in applause and yells. It was great. Melissa, is so funny (and I was thinking the same thing actually) she said, "That was so fun! I want to do it again!" LOL!! :D I agree!

I hoped to be healed in an instant when I went under (I must admit - some people have been when baptized) but no...I am still going through it badly. I need such a break from this pain and other symptoms. I was so sick this morning I nearly didn't make it to the church, I had a feeling all hell would come against me ...but I made it! Yipee!!!

Anyway - maybe we can post a few pictures.

Love,
Dana

:jc:

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Post subject: Re: Baptized today!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:06 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Dana that is so AWESOME!!!! :woohoo:

I am so happy for all 3 of u. I know what u mean about dead churches. I have had my fare share of searching for churches and it always brought me home to the Pentecostal church I started attending with my husband.

This church is home to me and I know so many people. I do not really hang out with them but they are all such Loving and kind people. Even if i don't attend for awhile they still welcome me back like i never stopped going.

Blesses to u and your family and your HEALING WILL COME.....Just open your heart and let it in. If u feel God has convicted u of something then stop and ask for forgiveness. He will HEAL u, I just know it.

Love, :hb:
Krissy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:32 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Dana I just replied to your pm on this... the whole thing gave me chills! HOw awesome! I'm so glad the 3 of you did it together. So happy you love the church too! Sounds like the people are as Joyce says "red hot on fire for God" screaming and cheering! I just LOVE it!

It's so funny how it all happend too, the story leading up to it, how you just felt God telling you to go there and talk to them one day, you listened and now look! :cross:
love you all
j

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Contrats on your Baptism!

That is very special that your family was baptized together. I am glad too that you found a church that is very supportive and prayed for you -- that means a lot to me too.

Gods richest blessings on the days ahead,
Sherri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Amazing experience overall...if any of you are considering getting baptized, try to find a good church that has an "alive" atmosphere and go for it, don't hesitate. :D

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Praise God, I am so happy for all three of you. What a blessing. I am truly glad you were able to pull yourself to church; you will always have this with you now. Oh, and remember, just as the congragation is applauding, so are all the angels in Heaven! :jumpy:

P.S. My son and I (he was 13 at the time) were baptized together about seven years ago also. Blessing!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:47 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Wow congratulations. This is very cool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:35 am 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Very Cool now it's official LOL! I got Baptized a few times once as a Baptist and as a Pentecostal, i guess you could say it was over kill. You can feel the difference when you realize it's all Him doing the work, we just go along for the ride and Baptism gives us His Holy Spirit in abundance.

Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:50 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

The pastors sort of "test" you for your reason and make you explain what it means.

I said, "I already am a Christian, I have had "relationship" with God for years, if I died tonight without being baptized I KNOW i'd go to heaven because of John 3:16 explains what is "required" to get into heaven. I am here to show outwardly what I feel inwardly and Jesus was baptized so it is important". Then they asked me why I need a savior. I simply said, "I am imperfect, without the blood of Christ, there would be no hope for me" Then they asked, "If God asked you "Why should I allow you in heaven" what would you say?" I said, "I believe in your Son". They said ,"YES!" I aint no rookie because I haven't been baptized! lol!! Then we talked about the Grace of God, how "it is finished" and we can add nothing to what Jesus has done. I told the pastor's the best book I ever read on Grace was a book by Steve McVey called Grace Walk -excellent book - will open your eyes! The pastors said,"Wow - you could help other's here get a grasp on the Grace of God".

After they have you fill out this form...it is sort of like a test, where you "fit" best in their church - to see what your "gifts" are. Pastoring was my gift - lol!

I read the bible everynight to get some scriptures in my heart - I am serious, since the baptism I have greater, deeper revelation, like the words jump off the page into my heart, instead of into my head. My son said he is also experiencing the same thing.

I love it!

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Dana. I am so proud of u for reading your Bible. That is something I lack and What I need to do is set it next to my bed and read just a little of something EVERY nite. I pray I can do this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:49 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Isn't baptism wonderful! And it often opens the door to baptism in the Holy Ghost (if you hadn't been baptized in the Spirit already). It says in Acts 2:38 "And Peter said to them, 'Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'" I believe we have the Holy Spirit when we receive Christ as our Savior, but I also believe in baptism by the Holy Spirit which leads to a deeper, more intimate walk with Christ. The Holy Spirit brought me comfort in some of the most frightening times when I battled Lyme. I began uttering things that sounded like nonsense in my crying and prayers - soon that developed into a language - tongues. Not saying that everyone should speak in tongues, but it is something that really stirs up your heart when you're in your prayer closet.

Nothing beats staying in the Word and feeding on the flesh and blood of Jesus - that is the best treatment program there is, bar none!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Christina,
Yes - well put and I agree - Amen!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]