TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need some advice
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:01 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Hey Guys, My sister called this morning and has pain in her stomach and blood in her stool and has lost a lot of weight. sounds like she has UC on top of the Lyme and i told her to keep taking the OLE and oil of oregano she couldn't handle ceftin because she has bad reaction to some abx. She is going to Doctor tomorrow to see about some Doxy i told her if she don't treat the Lyme somehow it will eventually kill her, so she is going to tell Doc that she needs doxy for a infection (yeast infection or something i forgot) If she says anything about Lyme she will never get any help down there in Fl. and she doesn't have any money or insurance so she is between a rock and a hard place.

It's so sad we have to sneak around like this but i can't stand around and watch her die without trying to help somehow. She has neuro Lyme for sure she get numbness, tingling,memory loss,heart palps,extreme fatigue,shortness of breath,shooting pains down her legs, and her blood pressure is very high too which i why she stopped the abx i gave her. She was so upset this morning and scared she really needs the Lord and a Miracle, this is what happens when you go so long without treating the Lyme it makes me see how i need to stay on top of my treatments. She can't believe we can be on this meds for so long but i told her all that we go through with the treatments and she couldn't believe we could be on meds for so long and how much we have to take.

Anyway i am so scared for her because she really needs a LLMD but can't afford one so i appreciate all and any advice you can give. At least for now i have her doing natural stuff and if she can get some Doxy tomorrow that would be a good start but the UC (ulserative Colitis) I don't know how thats going to hinder the treatments.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Need some advice
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:57 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi Johnny,
Your sister - Maureen right? - sounds like she is in a tough place. Does she have Internet access? Any way she can join this forum? My heart goes out to all who have Lyme, but when I hear about cholitis symptoms, I have even more empathy...any way possible she would be able to join the forum? I'd love to pray with her but either way I will keep her in prayer. Does she belong to a church right now? Sounds like she is in need of a doctor's attention a.s.a.p. :prayer:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Johnny,
Oh boy, this is getting more complicated.

One LLMD I have seen asked me if I ever saw blood in my stool, I haven't but asked why, he said "colitis". Does she have diarrhea? She is taking some abx now, right? Has she been taking probiotics?

I recently found a post from WC about these conditions, which led me to get this probiotic, it can be purchased at pharmacies, you will need to call around, but they can order it overnight usually. It is called VSL#3. You can order it here at the link here. It can help treat colitis: http://www.vsl3.com/VSL3/research-ulcerative.asp

Here is a link about ordering, they have powder and capsules. We all should be on this, I am now: http://shop.vsl3.com/shared/StoreFront/ ... 2=90369820

Just as important - she needs Florastor OR you can a "generic" version by Jarrow - saccharomyces boulardii, VERY IMPORTANT! You can order at Iherb.com and get overnight shipping. She needs several per day.

Needless to say the blood in the stool really needs to be checked out immediately. Stool samples over several days taken to the lab right away are necessary. If it is very bad, go to ER.

Read the links below.

Here are a few links from Mayo on this:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antibi ... N=symptoms

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pseudo ... is/DS00797

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/c-difficile/DS00736

I am praying for you to have strength through this yourself and praying for your sister to be delivered. God has His ways Johnny, you may just come across a doctor who believes it is Lyme..it can happen, God is with you. If He be for you, who can be against you? Trust Him to lead you.

I wish she could afford an LLMd, with her intestines this upset, she needs IV or IM abx. Does she have any insurance? I think Dr. C in Florida is taking some insurances, not sure though. Lyme may be the tip of the iceberg, you know how complex this all is, co-infections, etc.

Get the bowels checked asap...so important. She may need Flagyl or Vanco first before Doxy. Oral Vanco for intestinal issues does not absorb into the blood stream, it stays in the intestines so it causes no herx. IV Vanco, different story. Flagyl will cross into the blood stream and can of course cause herxing.

PLEASE Keep us updated.

Peace & prayers,
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:40 am 

Thanks for quick reply but my sister can't afford much not even a Computer and she probably wouldn't know how to use it much if i sent her one. She has gone so long without diagnosis for Lyme this really is a eye opener for me to see what can happen when we ignore the truth and Lyme is the the truth for sure. It's a slow killer and eventually takes over our whole life and bodies and till we recognize Lyme for what it really is. If we could only see the the bugs in our bodies swimming around and multiplying and destroying our nervous system maybe we would be more aggressive in our approach to treating Lyme.

I agree with you guys Prayer is the answer and i woke up early and said some prayers for everyone. I feel like we are being sifted and tried to the max and we have to surrender ourselves to the Lord and not let the bitterness of being sick all the time get in the way of our Faith. (easier said than done) If i look back on where i have come from i can see some light at the end of the tunnel but still can let up for a second because Lyme can relapse full scale in heart beat if we don't stay on top of it. I will find out today whats going on with her and Docs appointment, I told her not to let them operate anymore they took her gall bladder out for nothing and they want to do some explore operation to move things around? they are so lame to what she is really going through this is why we need to keep these web sites going to enlighten people to whats really going on with Lyme Borrelia.

Peace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

oh God, tell her not to say yeast infection...abx create yeast, they won't give her any for yeast issues. they would give her diflucan for yeast.

maybe get her on some nutramedix stuff like samento, cumanda, burber, carnivora is supposed to be good for a lot, think even a cyst buster. grapefruit seed extract is also a great natural cyst buster.

I will be praying Johnny

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 am 

Ohh My Bad i didn't mean yeast infection, you are right she knows what to say because he offered her 6 months worth of abx but she didn't now anything about Lyme until know so maybe she can get some doxy today and thanks for all your Prayers they are keeping me going.

Johnny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:25 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm so sorry Johnny. I will keep your sister in my prayers.

Is she able to drive or have someone drive her to church or maybe a healing service? A lot of times churches have Guest speakers where they do healing services.

God Bless Her.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 am 

YEAH, I wish she would go to church but she is catholic and really not into that sort of thing but i am hopeful one day she will. I told her she is near death and Doc gave her a 6 month supply of Doxy for an infection so this is just what we were hoping for, now she can start to treat the Lyme.

Thanks for Prayers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]