TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: please pray for me - I'm a mess
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:10 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

This is really hard for me to do. I tend to be one of those people who try and "tough it out" and not "complain" or draw attention to myself. But I am at a really bad spot right now and desperately need prayer.

Copied from my blog today:
Quote:
Things have gone downhill fast since my last post.

Please pray. My body is struggling (well, more like falling apart) with something - not sure what. None of these symptoms are particularly new, but they have intensified to an alarming severity and frequency. I'm not sure whether this is a die-off reaction related to Lyme, the Bartonella springing back now that I'm no longer on Cipro, or what...

Severe and dramatic emotional outbursts. Terrifying panic attacks that take over my entire body. Hysterical crying at the drop of a hat. These outbursts and panic attacks have been completely out of my control and very unpredictable. It makes me feel like a wild, wounded animal. It's been incredibly distressing for Spencer to witness and for us both to experience. The more I research Lyme and co-infections, the more these symptoms make sense, but it is scary to realize that my brain and nervous system are being attacked and ravaged by these infections.

Tuesday night, as I was fitfully dozing in and out of sleep, I had a terrifying, all-too-real nightmare. I woke up screaming and crying hysterically. It really freaked us both out and it took a long time for me to calm down. The dream was just so real. I am still very on edge, convinced it really happened. Spencer has been reading scripture to me before bed, and it is encouraging, but I continue to sleep very fitfully and am plagued by vivid, immensely stressful dreams. Every night I dread going to sleep. How I long for sleep to be an escape from the misery I experience while awake.

The pain has been unbearable. In my bones. Muscles. Tendons. Joints. Abdomen. Chest. Eyes. Head. And I can't escape. Oh how I wish I could. I feel like I'm trapped inside this shell of a body, desperately clawing at my insides, attempting to escape.

Uncontrollable shaking, tremors, and twitching all throughout my body - it's never been this bad.

A great deal of sweating day and night. It's awful waking up sticky and drippy with sweat. So uncomfortable and miserable.

Last night I tossed and turned in pain, sweats, chills, and nausea, only getting an hour of actual sleep. And here I am this morning, slumped in bed, wishing I could just go to sleep and rest. But my body won't allow it.

I know this all sounds so depressing and miserable, and I am feeling very bad about even posting this, but I need to share what is going on. Spencer and I can't keep this to ourselves or try to handle it on our own. I plan on calling my doctor to let her know what's going on, but could use some prayer too.

I called my doctor, but she is out of town until Monday. *sigh* I am terrified and overwhelmed by how rapidly and severely my symptoms have escalated - I know going to the ER won't accomplish anything, and although I feel like I'm dying, I know I'm not really. Ugh, sorry for such a long post. I just really need support.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor 12:9
http://waitquietly.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: please pray for me - I'm a mess
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:38 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Melody, I am SO glad you came over here.

This is the place to complain ... do not tough it out like I do. :D

Yeah I know do as I say and not as I do.

My prayers are with you Melody.

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
http://www.jmgarnet76.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:45 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Oh Melody - I am so sorry, if it is any consolation - I absolutely know everyone of these symptoms and it is horrible!!

Here is my prayer right now for you sweetie:

Father, we ask right now that you relieve Melody's symptoms, please Father the cross is heavy right now. You said we could ask anything in Jesus name it would be done. So we trust that you will help her, relieve her pain and all the symptoms that come with this disease. You promised that by His stripes we are healed. You promised in 1 Peter, "...after we suffer a little while that you, yourself will restore us, making us strong firm and steadfast". We patiently wait Father to walk into that healing that is promised. Until then, we ask for GRACE, you said your Grace was sufficient, give Melody grace, grace and more grace. We ask right now that you wrap your loving arms around Melody and let her feel your love and presence. We pray for endurance and good temper during this trial. It is so hard Father, but we know NOTHING is impossible with you. We know this test will lead to an awesome testimony and all the glory will be Yours. We thank you for the healing taking place right now. In Jesus name, Amen

Melody - watch this miracle healing on Lyme, this will bring you hope: http://www.cbn.com/media/index.aspx?s=/vod/tb42

Listen and read the words to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m96MtNl ... re=related

Lastly - Here are a few healing scriptures and a prayer Melody for you to say out loud. There have been times, I could barely whisper these, but speaking the Word of God is a direct attack on the "attacker", remember that is how Jesus defeated him in the desert, He spoke the Word.

Jeremiah 32:17
'Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.

Isaiah 53:5
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24-25
…Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Psalms107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction's.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you that Jesus bore our grief, our sufferings and our sorrows, and that His wounds have healed ours. We know that nothing is too hard for you. Heavenly Father, we are praying and believing now for the complete healing and restoration of Lyme Disease and all foreign pathogens that may be attacking my body. Thank you Lord that you sent your Word and healed them, in Jesus' name.

Peace & prayers,
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:46 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Thank you ladies. You made me cry :hb:

I am so thankful for your support and encouragement and prayers.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor 12:9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:38 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hang in there....things are going to get better. Believe.. :cross:

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:45 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Melody, I am so sorry u r feeling so bad. I hope and pray your spirit is lifted soon.
:pray: :pray:
:hb: Krissy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:21 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Melyody,

I am so sorry. We know how frightening, exhausting and hurtful this can be. I am so grateful you have Spencer.

I agree with each one here for the Lord's intervention and loving help to pull you through this round.

Is your doctor guiding your treatment for co-infections? You sound suspicious.
Are you able to seek traditional chinese acupuncture.

Along with the inflammation that causes the pain, the pathoge itself and the toxicity, your liver may be overloaded and just not flushing out fast or properly enough. Acupuncture or gentle, very gentle lymphatic massage (very light work in the hands of a trained expert), can often help move those toxins through. It can cause nightmares or a co-infection like Babs can.

Please know that we love you and care very much, Melyody. I am glad you had the courage to share. We do tend to duke it out day after day; but, this is a time when you just need to be held up in Christ.

I pray, pray, pray you can rest tonight. And I pray that God's word will help comfort you through.

Blessings,
~diana

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Melyody, Those panic attacks can be terrible and debilitating! This was my first symptom I had, and it has yet to go away 18 years later! I just try to remember when having them that it does go away. Each time it feels like it won't but it does. I know that doesn't help too much. But I want you to know we all understand this scary symptom. Especially the losing control part. I will put you in my prayers and hope you get relief soon! Hang in there.

http://www.myspace.com/aloha6728

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Thank you so much for the prayers and encouragement. I don't have the strength to reply to each of you, but I'm keeping in mind the things you shared.

Things are still really bad. I'm hanging in there somehow and am less discouraged today, but wow, my body is really freaking out. I'm always trying to tell myself, "Melody, you're not THAT sick," but I'm beginning to finally realize that yes, I really am very ill.

Thank you again for your prayers. I'll try to keep you posted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:34 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Melody,

I am glad you were able to write us a note. I am so sorry that it continues. Heather and I both have experienced these times. I wonder also, if there is a need to get toxins moving out of you.

Please call your doctor tomorrow. I am praying he is an integrative thinker and is familiar with how to address this for you.

Praying, praying!!
Blessings,
~d

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:15 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

thank you again for the prayers. I just wanted to let you all know my llmd put me back on Cipro - she agrees that this sounds like the Bart is really flaring up.

My llmd is very worried about me and is being very attentive and supportive. If things don't improve at all by Thu/Fri, she wants me to contact her and we'll have to figure something else out. For now she just wants to get the bart under control.

I have been bedridden all week and can't even sit up today. Please keep praying. I'm falling apart.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:40 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Melody,
I have had Bart and am very familiar with the ugly symptoms and I can decipher Bart from the other TBD's. It is pretty hard to decipher which bacteria is causing what, until it is gone and certain symptoms leave. Now I know what symptoms were caused by Bart.

Also, herxing (die off) also can make symptoms flare for quite awhile to. What were you on before Cipro? Did she suggest you could be in a herx? Herxing can cycle, some it happens anytime and there is no cycle. Herxing can be prolonged - what does she suggest for die off detoxing?

For me, Biaxin was a very quick Bart controller and eventual killer. You might ask her about it (Biaxin is often mentioned by Dr. Burrascano) if Cipro doesn't help or has side effects. Biaxin is effective so is Azithromycin. Also detoxing is important as Diana said. The die off of these bacterias can make us really flare badly - Activated Charcoal is a good natural detox, read about first here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286

Also, are you doing monthly blood panels (CBC's) important when on abx to check liver enzymes, etc. Were you tested for all co-infections through Igenex and if so which were positive besides Bart?

Still praying,
Dana

PS - those stuffed "mircobes" they sell at one of my LLMD's offices...who needs even more a reminder? I know what you mean, should we laugh or cry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:01 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Father in heaven,

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:12–14

Dear Lord, In the midst of an overwhelming sense of the true magnitude of the battle ahead, I bow my head, bend my knee, and seek Your Face. You are the Lord over Melody's battle, reassure her with your word that there will come a time when this will pass and a purpose that may not be visible to her right now. There is great joy deep in our hearts when we reach the peace that your Spirit gives us beyond our understanding of the situation we are in when our eyes are focused on Your Face. I pray Lord for your power and your strength to keep Melody's chin lifted to you for comfort. Help her to make sense out of what looks like confusion, tries to push her to despair and protect her from a sense of hopelessness.

I pray for wisdom and the Holy Spirit’s power in Melody as she waits on you and trusts in her caring physician in their resolve to fight against the disease. I pray for your shield and refuge, your power over darkness to defeat these attacks against the Body of Christ by firing off missiles of truth and revealing your will and your way.

I ask You, Lord, for more warriors to walk alongside. I ask You to set free the chosen ones who are being held back for just such a time as this.

Somehow, my King, our spirit recognizes a hunger perhaps never felt before. Fill Melody with a deeper hunger for you even though she does not fully understand right now.

In Your timing I am confident it will be filled to the brim, enabling her to walk taller and stronger. I honestly don’t know why I am surprised at the sense of Your Presence, but the reflection of Your work being accomplished on the earth through her doctor and loved ones somehow I pray will make her stronger, and give her the courage she needs to move forward in Your Holy Spirit power.

We know a day will come when there are no more questions. We know is possible to have an assurance of faith far stronger than what we could ever know to ask for Melody. Sustained her through Your clarity of vision helping her to see how far she has come. Fill her with that fight that will protect her from retreating in defeat. Show her your Word that leads to your path ahead, full of opportunities, hope and victories -- Reassure her of the One Who never changes and help her to be sure of your love for her so that she only need look where You have planted Your truths and bask in the reflected power and joy to be found there.

My prayer today is for strength of purpose, for healing and for hope for Melody.

Help her find the solutions to the things that appear to be unsolvable.

I pray that we each grow through the disbelief of this disease, that we all we do bring you the honor and glory!

Amen and Amen!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:09 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I was reading over your symptoms again. Crying, nightmares, pain, can be lyme or bart. Like I said in the post above it is hard to decipher which disease are causing which symptoms. I have a co-infections symptoms list: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=313

I feel for you Melody so much, I have experienced everything you have...yes it is very scary. Cling to the Word and stay close to God, He is the only way through this.

Has your doctor prescribed anything to help you relax or stabilize mood? It can be hit and miss, but you need symptom relief and there are medications that can help, xanax for one and I hope you have something rx'd for pain.

Symptomatic relief is important, I have had a few doctor's tell me this. You cannot and shouldn't suffer while you treat and get well.

Melody I had your blog link - can you give it again in your next post? When you feel better, if you want, put the blog link in your "signature".

Praying hard,
Dana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:28 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Melody-
I'm so sorry you're going thru all these things all at once. You sound much like me. I don't have a few symptoms, but nearly all of them, and usually about 20+ going on at one time, so I can really relate to you. Do NOT be afraid, I haven't slept in about a week now, so it's hard for me to see at all right now, so bear with me.... I had an aweful attack of fear, which is part of my sleep issues, as well as just a "regular" herx for me. I was telling Dana about it, and it was funny that a couple ministers I listen to were talking about fear and faith these past couple days.

Dana told me there are 365 Fear Nots in the Bible, one for each day of the year it would seem. Jesus SAID we will get to the other side, not just talking about getting to heaven, but when he was in the boat, and a storm kicked up and his diciples were all scared and full of fear, the boat was filling up with water, they go and wake Jesus, because HE was alseep in the back of the ship! He said someting like "why are you so full of fear, have you no faith?" He promises to get us THRU, but we do have to go THRU, not around.

I think you're doing the right thing, read scripture, listen to Joyce Meyer or Joel Osteen, they are both so awesome and usually their messages relate to whatever I'm going thru at teh time. you can watch on tv or online. Joyces website is http://www.joycemeyer.org check it out.

I will be praying for you.
jaime

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:24 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Since Cog stole most my scriptures I was going to post ;)...heres some more:

Exodus 15:26

26 He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you.”

Psalm 103:2-4

2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.

All I can say is meditate and meditate on these scriptues...say them out loud over and over and over...then over and over some more. When you don't feel like confessing scripture anymore...do it some more. That's when it counts and will surely lift you up. Hang in there melody, it'll be over soon enough...there is light at the end of this tunnel so stay in faith. We're praying for you. :hands:

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:16 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

thank you so much. I added my blog link to my signature.

things continue to be very bad.

too weak to type anymore, but thankful for your prayers & encouragement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Oh God love you Melody, I feel your pain..your posts make me cry...thank you for your blog link...please stay close, I am thinking of you all the time and of course PRAYING!!!

I had no idea (reading your blog) that you have been sick so long! I am glad your LLMd is not going to "mess" around w/orals long ...being this sick this long, IV must be considered very soon in my opinion. Blacking out going to the bathroom, etc., I believe most LLmd's even in CA would have you on IV right now, these are the reasons they DO use IV much faster.

Don't forget Melody - if Cipro is not helping there are other drugs that kill Bart, again Biaxin is my favorite... and a Burrascano favorite. Do you have Dr. Burrascano's guidelines? So important!! Here is the link if not: http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_gui ... _17_08.pdf

Here is a list of co-infections and abx for them: http://www.lymeinfo.net/coinfectionarticle.html
(Under bart it says Erythromycin, which is really identical to Clarithromycin - generic name for Biaxin. Biaxin is easier on the stomach than Erythromycin) It knocked down my bart symptoms very fast. Although it took about 9 month to get rid of Bart (when I say Bart, I mean the strain b.henselae, there are may strains, but my LLMD believes b.henselae is the most predominant) I took it with Amoxi and a PPI (nexium or prilosec) to help with possible h.pylori (tests on h.pylori are horrible) and it got me eating again and took me up a level. I am actually afraid to stop Biaxin.

Beware of Rifampin it is hard on the liver and if this ever suggested by your doctor, your liver must be strong from the get-go and tested every month at least. Discuss the macrolides - Biaxin having a shorter half life and for most easier to tolerate the Azithromycin. Another problem w/Rifampin it cannot be pulsed and my LLMD said it is all or nothing, you can create a "syndrome" with this drug if you don't take it daily as prescribed. Also the body tends to quickly adapt and in weeks can become tolerant. Doxy and Rifampin can be and are used together, Rifampin and Septra is another combo. Most LLMD's agree should not be taken alone and should be taken w/another drug to stop the fast tolerance that can develop. Although doctor's claim many do well on this drug, I have only met a handful of people that can say that. Rifabutin is very similar and although I don't know much about Rifabutin - I have heard it is easier to tolerate. Check all drugs and side effects at: http://www.drugs.com

The LLMD who Rx'd this combo was once president of Ilads and very smart - he took me to another level that my other LLMd could not.

Just remember the macrolides group of abx ingeneral are bart killers.

By the way, you are just a beautiful girl and Spencer sounds like such a wonderful husband!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I was reading your story, and I find your faith amazing. Just don't ever loose that. I don't know if you listen to Joyce Meyer, http://www.joycemeyer.org or is is .com..... help Dana, my mind has failed me, I go there all the time!!!!!! SHe is awesome. And Praise God for your hubby, he sounds like such a supportive wonderful man! Not all lymies have that, in fact, most have to fight for ANY support (ME in cluded)....
just know you're in my prayers. and I've been praying a LOT lately. He IS hearing us.

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I wish I had the strength to respond to each of you. You are all so encouraging to me.

I got blood drawn this am and if things look okay w/ my liver, my llmd wants to start me on Rifampin and Biaxin.

Please keep praying. We are so overwhelmed right now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:07 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Melody,

I am keeping you in my prayers. Hold on. You are in good hands; the Lord is your rock now, in a deeper and life giving way.

I know u know it well. This is my place to run to during times like this...He will help you to tread upon the Lion and the Cobra and He promises to rescue you. That is how I am praying for u.

Spencer, you are a true love gift to Melody. The Lord will bless you and help you. Thank you for role modeling for others what true love looks like. Melody will be able to fight and win her battle with greater determination and perseverance b/c of your strength and love and support beside her. You are a man of your word; you have honored your vowels and you will be so much more blessed for it. You'll see!

Blessings,
~diana

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:43 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

You have all been SO encouraging. Your prayers are so beautiful and such a blessing. Thank you.

We're hanging in there. By HIS grace. Spencer and I are finding comfort and solace in the Psalms and trying to take things one day at a time.

I began low doses of Rifampin & Biaxin last night. So far no big change, still feeling awful. Praying we'll see improvement soon, but also bracing for possible herxing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]