TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: arm and hand problems
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Anyone else have arthritis-like stuff going on in their hands? My hands have been extra weak and tingly lately - as well as my forearms. Is there a particular coinfection that this goes along with, or is this just a general lyme thing? I drop things all the time, I feel like my hands look like I am 75, not 36. Will this improve? Is it a herx thing that it's really bad right now? It is so uncomfortable.

Post subject: Re: arm and hand problems
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:26 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I know my hands would shake real bad, like parkinsons type thing, I'd be putting a glass away in the cuboard and hit the shelf and it would shatter, i'd get yelled at like a kid. my hands would also swell up something fierce, took my wedding rings off for about 6 months in the begining of my treatment... it would be so painful, couldn't bend my fingers, get alot of my arms falling asleep for NO reason whatsoever... yeah,good ol lyme affects us everywhere

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:09 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I found out that many of my arm problems came from bulging disks in my neck. Have you ever had an MRI oln your neck?

http://www.myspace.com/aloha6728

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:30 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Everything Jaime said I have too. Cramping, swelling, shooting pains, stiffness. I know it's related to Lyme or a co-infection. I have Babs and Bart. I drop things all the time and when my hands go numb i have to shake them to get the blood flowing again.

Krissy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

So there's hope that this will pass? Some days are worse than others- but in general, you can tell if you see me grasp something, my hands look all whacked. Plus they are purple half the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Pshhhhhhh Cog1st should have told me about this topic if she was a good admin! :D

I've experienced exactly what you're saying and I've recently learned that it's a for sure sign of a herx going on for me or a bad symptom flare. It does clear up after the herx is over, though. During it though, my handles tingle, feel very weak like I have no grip strength and occasional joint pain in the knuckles. Very irritating feeling and I want to squeeze things when it goes on...weird.

It's happened mostly on Bicillin for me (currently on Bicillin still). I also remember it happening a bit when taking 400mg of doxy/day if I recall correctly. Staying up on detoxing with detox tea, charcoal, sweating, etc. helps a bit with it too.

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Well if Silver was a good admin he'd be checking posts! So there!

Hi Julie,
Yes I do get this, it comes and goes. Symptoms most of the time are too hard to distinguish how to classify under LD or co's, (unless they are obvious like sweating is usually Babs, but can be Bart too) but I think this one would be an LD sx. I get total and complete numbness in both hands and arms - usually when asleep (no I am not sleeping on my arms) and I can't grasp anything for the first 5-10 minutes after I wake up. I get small joint pain in my fingers from time to time, my pinky finger locks up too. Thankfully -it comes and goes.

Are you still doing biaxin/doxy? How is going? Are you taking them together and what is your dose? I may give this a try again ...ugh.

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:32 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi. You two are funny. (silver and cog) I am on Biaxin and Doxy - 500mg Biaxin and 100 Doxy. I still think 100 mg Doxy is too little. But I am not the doctor. I was breaking the biaxin in half for a week or two, as per your advice (the herx from hell) but now I am handling the 500. However this hand/arm thing has been rough. I also wake up every morning and can't feel my hands, sometimes I can't even find my arm (you know what I mean). IT IS weird. I have been typing a lot cause it's annual review time at work so maybe that didn';t help.

Good to know that it is part of a herx....I was thinking that it might be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

It will pass. It may come back in spurts. The spirochetes reproduce or something every 4 weeks or so, do they? I know I read this somewhere, i could be wrong on the math, but Dana will clear this up 4 me.

k

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

An llmd I talk to from Canada told me that the bacteria really affect your disks. And once you have those problems even if you get rid of lyme, disk problems have to be watched forever. I didn't have an accident or any sudden injury, I just woke up one morning and couldn't move my right arm and an MRI showed three bulging disks. . That's why I believe it is lyme related even though my normal doctors don't. (Of course).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:04 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Wow, Lisa I have 2 bulging, 1 protruding and 1 torn disc in my lower lumbar. Even just simply sweeping my floor aggravates my discs, This has been the worst for the last 3 years.

I am a mad woman when I clean the house, when the energy is there I run thru the house CLEANING. Then I over do it and hurting. Oh well.

I have seen a Chiropractor in the past and speculating whether or not I want to go back. It helped sometimes and not so much other times.

I now the pain is there now amongst other parts of my body. I know some of you'll are reading this saying yep i do that too, do 2 much wen feeling good and hitting the bottom from all the exhaustion. :faint:
Well all I can do is Pray. I feel like I'm a little sad but doing very well in my treatment. I think I'm finally getting somewhere in my life and spending more time with my kids and leave the house ALONE till the next day. :wiggle:

My kids are so CUTE, I love them so much. Sorry just wanted to add that.

:love: Krissy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:19 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Awww thats sweet Krissy. Kids are everything aren't they? (So are my spoiled doggies). But yeah, I do that too, when I feel better try to get everything done. The other day, I actually cleaned my yard. WE had are bathroom gutted cuz of a mold problem, and the guys just piled all the moldy drywall right in our front yard. THey never came back to fix it. So I put on gloves and started cleaning up that pile. Well a week later I'm still paying the price! But it felt good to be able to do something, even if just for one day.

The bulging disks in your back wouldn't affect your arms, but they could make your legs weak and numb and tingly. But since you got diagnosed already you probably already know all this. But maybe you have some in your neck too. But I know all of my arm and hand and shoulder pain is not just because of the disks. My thumb always hurts and sometimes in my right arm and sometimes in my left. It rotates, and I'm not even going to try to expalin tht to my Dr.

Well I hope the pain eases up and yo can enjoy more days!

Hugs,

Lisa

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]