TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coffee a health drink?????
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:50 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

So I stopped drinking coffee a year into LD. I loved coffee in the morning, until my son (Silver) ripped my cup from my hand and made me tea. I haven't drank coffee since he did that 2 years ago.

I have had such horrible nerve pain I thought the coffee had to be making it worse and agreed with Danny that I should quit.

Then a month ago I read an LLMD blog that said "Drink your coffee!" I freaked! I thought, "Why would an LLMD say such a horrible thing?"

Well - a doctor suggested to me that I have horrendous pain due to massive inflammation. Funny - I should and do know this, but never pursued how to bring down inflammation.

I found a great site on natural ways to reduce inflammation: http://www.womentowomen.com/inflammatio ... ories.aspx

Well there are a few natural ways - food for one, fruits, vegetables, fish oils, and fish to name a few.

Then I read about supplements, ginger, ok I take that, Turmeric, ok I USE to take that -started again today, to name a few.

Lastly I read COFFEE!! Again, I thought CRAZY!! Until I read this:
A number of scientific studies during the past years suggested that coffee can be a beneficial drink and can lower the risk of serious illnesses like heart disease, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, according to an article published in August in The New York Times newspaper.
In May in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition states that antioxidants in coffee reduce inflammation and lower the risk of cardiovascular disease related to it.
Link: http://www.nescafe.com/NR/rdonlyres/4AA ... Aug06_.pdf

Well does this mean I should start drinking coffee in moderation? One site says yes. BUT only organic coffee, coffee beans are the most pesticide sprayed crops there are. Also, no cream or sugar...and no more than 2 cups per day.

I have NOT started drinking coffee yet. Coffee is acidic to the body, to the best of my knowledge - we are reaching for less acidic bodies, more alkaline - so that worries me, not to mention what effects it could have on the nervous system.

I will be researching... if any of you have further info or comments that agree or are contrary, I'd love to see/hear them!

Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Post subject: Re: Coffee a health drink?????
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 am 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

I love my coffee in the morning but only limit myself to one cup, and then switch to green tea the rest of the day. I can't see giving up that cup in the morning it helps me get a kick start. Some say it's good for you and others say it's very bad I don't really know but i have been drinking it all my life and i am still here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:15 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

I haven't drank coffee in a long time now. I don't feel any different. I'd like to try orgnanic coffee...but the thing is they say drink it black....yuck.... I"m a "lots of cream, lots of sugar" type gal, and of course then you get into all the ill effects of sugar! can we win with anything?

sometimes I wonder if some of this is taken just too far. of course we shouldn't be eating big macs every day, and fast food type things, but a lot of people are saying "raw food diet".... I'd die.... there's just no way... sometimes I think it gets taken to extremes. Even in the Bible they didn't just eat raw food, they cooked thier food, ate thier breads, etc....

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Although I love Johnny's response, it made me chuckle... caffeine and Heather and Neurological Lyme became a serious game of 'not okay' symptoms that heightened her pain, caused extreme hyper-sensitivity to her CNS and contributed to the duration of it. We had to cut it out. But, every now and then, we get to sneak an organic high 80-90% cacao when all symptoms are behaving. We work it in with allot of salad for transporting it quickly and for the psychological excuse of having eaten really healthy with it. :love:

Our team, like many of your docs, are teaching doctors. They are gracious to answer the mom of a 1000 questions. This was one of those questions that came up b/c a teenager, esp. female, has a love every now and then for chocolate. Her greatest hope is for that one day.... caramel mocha latte.. (I shudder to think)..

There are allot of good studies published to answer the ?? for the serious caffeine researcher, esp. related to neuro-Lyme. I often feel frustrated when we are told to eliminate certain things, or add as is the case for others - but, that recommendation isn't backed up in a way that educates me as to 'why'. I need to understand why we are doing something and then be able to relate it to the symptoms and overall process. I believe it is part of how the Lord equips and guides, too.

This study is excellent; but it is long and detailed. Its for the persons who seriously want to know. :faint:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1182710-overview
If you scroll down to the sub-catagories of "Pharmacology of Caffeine", "Cellular Basis for the Action of Caffeine", "Effects of Caffeine on the Central Nervous System", these might cut more to the answers you might be looking for.

Johnny, whatever you do, don't read the first couple sentences under "Relief of abstinence symptoms by caffeine". :love: I'm not touchin' that! :console:

We have been taught that the implications related to Lyme and caffeine are directly related to the Central Nervous System neurotransmitters. This study affirms that for us. For those who also suffer from Lyme induced hormonal imbalance, it further complicates the cardiovascular system (ie: heart palpatations). Heth has neuro Lyme and is hypothyroid.

Organic coffee is also what we have been told by ILAD integrative docs to drink, if you have to have any at all. Some say no, no, no. Some say 1 cup in the morning if it is organic is okay and if your symptoms are under control. Caffeine free is discouraged b/c of one particular chemical in the decaf process. Commercial caffeinated coffee is loaded with chemicals.

For us, personally, we have learned that the more compliant Heth can be as a patient (at great sacrifice for a teen), the quicker we can evaluate her symptoms when flares or inflammatory eruptions occur. It's one less thing to 'consider' during triage. It helps me as mom to be able to help her or to know how to respond to the need.

Sorry this is so long.

Blessings,
Sojourner

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

Last edited by Sojourner on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:58 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Johnny - I know, I was a coffee fanatic - I thought I could never quit. I can't believe I did!

Jaime - Yes, I often wonder if this is all taken a little too far. I think the best way to know is to listen to what our bodies say. I ate chicken wings on super bowl Sunday and for 3 days I was in pain, sick and felt horrible! Garlic was one of the top ingredients I learned later. (Garlic is a lyme killer for those who don't know).

You bring up a good point, the BIBLE. Here is a list of foods in the bible, I don't see coffee unfortunately. Note the OLIVE OIL and even SALT. However, I have not eaten any of the "fowl" the bible mentions -no chicken? Also the red meats section, gags me - I have not had any of these either. Lord help me:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seasonings, Spices and Herbs
Anise (Matthew 23:23 KJV)
Coriander (Exodus 16:31; Numbers 11:7)
Cinnamon (Exodus 30:23; Revelation 18:13)
Cumin (Isaiah 28:25; Matthew 23:23)
Dill (Matthew 23:23)
Garlic (Numbers 11:5)
Mint (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42)
Mustard (Matthew 13:31)
Rue (Luke 11:42)
Salt (Ezra 6:9; Job 6:6)
Fruits and Nuts
Apples (Song of Solomon 2:5)
Almonds (Genesis 43:11; Numbers 17:8)
Dates (2 Samuel 6:19; 1 Chronicles 16:3)
Figs (Nehemiah 13:15; Jeremiah 24:1-3)
Grapes (Leviticus 19:10; Deuteronomy 23:24)
Melons (Numbers 11:5; Isaiah 1:8)
Olives (Isaiah 17:6; Micah 6:15)
Pistachio Nuts (Genesis 43:11)
Pomegranates (Numbers 20:5; Deuteronomy 8:8)
Raisins (Numbers 6:3; 2 Samuel 6:19)
Sycamore Fruit (Psalm 78:47; Amos 7:14)
Vegetables and Legumes
Beans (2 Samuel 17:28; Ezekiel 4:9)
Cucumbers (Numbers 11:5)
Gourds (2 Kings 4:39)
Leeks (Numbers 11:5)
Lentils (Genesis 25:34; 2 Samuel 17:28; Ezekiel 4:9)
Onions (Numbers 11:5)
Grains
Barley (Deuteronomy 8:8; Ezekiel 4:9)
Bread (Genesis 25:34; 2 Samuel 6:19; 16:1; Mark 8:14)
Corn (Matthew 12:1; KJV - refers to "grain" such as wheat or barley)
Flour (2 Samuel 17:28; 1 Kings 17:12)
Millet (Ezekiel 4:9)
Spelt (Ezekiel 4:9)
Unleavened Bread (Genesis 19:3; Exodus 12:20)
Wheat (Ezra 6:9; Deuteronomy 8:8)
Fish
Matthew 15:36
John 21:11-13
Fowl
Partridge (1 Samuel 26:20; Jeremiah 17:11)
Pigeon (Genesis 15:9; Leviticus 12:8)
Quail (Psalm 105:40)
Dove (Leviticus 12:8)
Animal Meats
Calf (Proverbs 15:17; Luke 15:23)
Goat (Genesis 27:9)
Lamb (2 Samuel 12:4)
Oxen (1 Kings 19:21)
Sheep (Deuteronomy 14:4)
Venison (Genesis 27:7 KJV)
Dairy
Butter (Proverbs 30:33)
Cheese (2 Samuel 17:29; Job 10:10)
Curds (Isaiah 7:15)
Milk (Exodus 33:3; Job 10:10; Judges 5:25)
Miscellaneous
Eggs (Job 6:6; Luke 11:12)
Grape Juice (Numbers 6:3)
Honey (Exodus 33:3; Deuteronomy 8:8; Judges 14:8-9)
Locust (Mark 1:6)
Olive Oil (Ezra 6:9; Deuteronomy 8:8)
Vinegar (Ruth 2:14; John 19:29)
Wine (Ezra 6:9; John 2:1-10)

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:57 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Quote:
The Truth About Coffee

Q: Coffee: good or bad? The experts can't seem to decide!

A: It's not exactly that we can't agree on the facts about coffee; it's that reasonable people can draw different conclusions about what the facts mean. It's much like in every other area of life, from politics to economics, but don't get me started.

So here are some interesting facts about coffee: Coffee is a big source of antioxidants. In fact, in one test of the antioxidant power of different beverages, coffee scored near the top of the heap, right up there with tea and grapefruit juice. (1)

A 2001 study in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry found that coffee has significantly more total antioxidant activity than cocoa, green tea, black tea, or herbal tea. And a study published in 2006 concluded that coffee "...may inhibit inflammation and therefore reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and other inflammatory diseases in postmenopausal women."

Two of the antioxidants responsible for coffee's health benefits are cholorogenic acid and caffeic acid. Both are strong antioxidants, and coffee beans are one of the richest dietary sources of chlorogenic acid in the world.

More facts: Caffeine increases exercise tolerance in patients with heart failure. According to the Nurses Health Study, two or three cups a day may lower the incidence of Parkinson's. It decreases gallstone formation in men, and it may protect against alcoholic liver disease. And let's not forget the social benefits of coffee: Without coffee dates, what would all those online daters meeting for the first time do anyway?

So is coffee "good" for you? Let's look at some more facts. Research has shown that even one or two cups of coffee may increase the risk of early miscarriage in normal pregnancy. Three or more cups can seriously increase the symptoms of PMS. And the amount of caffeine in just two or three cups a day can raise both systolic and diastolic blood pressure, at least for an hour or two.

So what's the conclusion? Many of my friends in the natural health world seem to think caffeine is one of the big bad wolves of the modern diet, claiming — possibly with some validity — that it contributes to adrenal burnout, jitters, decreases the quality of sleep and can seriously raise blood pressure in susceptible people.

While obviously it's better not to over-stimulate yourself with 19 venti Starbucks a day, I think on balance, coffee is a perfectly acceptable drink with more in the plus column than the minus column.

The slight increase in blood sugar from caffeinated coffee is a boon for athletes who could use that blood sugar to fuel their muscles. That's one reason why a small amount of coffee before an event is considered a performance enhancer.

One thing though: Coffee is one of the most sprayed crops in the world. If you have the choice, choose organic. But as with most things, the poison is in the dose. If you're practically mainlining Starbucks to stay awake, it's probably not such a great thing. If you're having a few cups a day and it's not keeping you awake or making your hands shake, I think you're fine.

Quoted from Dr. Johnny Bowden on another website.

"...I am the LORD who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

Post subject: Re: Coffee a health drink????
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

maybe his last statement says it all....

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:33 am 

Hey Guys, just want you to know i am sitting here having my Heavenly coffee! LOL!
Maybe i'll be Heaven soon if i keep drinking it but it really does give me a kick start in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Don't even think that caffeine 'boost' is going to get you there sooner than 'we'! I just hope it doesn't hold you up at the gate during accountability time! :wiggle:

On the other hand... imagine what it will be like when 'this stuff' is no more! :jumpy:

Enjoy your morning!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 am 

http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food

Peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:18 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

My own son rips the coffee from hands 2 years ago and now he is telling me it might be good? :faint:

It reminds me of red wine. We hear all the pros and cons. I remember a doctor saying red wine is good for the blood, has beneficial effects as does a beer a day. BUT if you don't drink, don't start. So - that is why I will not start coffee again until I KNOW it is absolutely beneficial. "Something" tells me it is not going to benefit my nervous system.

Johnny - lol!! You make me laugh. Thanks for the link - this is one of those subjects that you can find good and bad on, all day long!

Diana - we must have been posting at the same moment the other day - and I missed your post until now.

Thanks for the link...this is what I need to see, the brutal truth about its effect on the CNS. I haven't read it yet, but saw the title when I cicked on it and will read this absolutely!

Nerve pain is pain in a class of its own and I won't be going back to coffee if it causes neuro problems or pain - DARN!!!

What about infrared on the nervous system? I have searched and searched and find things that go both ways, good and bad.

I am looking into buying an infrared sauna, but am afraid because I can't take warm baths - it flares nerve pain. I can shower without a problem and even sit in the warm sun (that actually feels so good) but I wonder if being heated from the inside out (according to what I've read about infrared) would not be good for me. Does Heather use infrared sauna's?

Thank you for the link...perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:12 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

You'll are gonna kill me for this, but I drink coffee all day. AHHHHH. I'm trying to cut back, but it's hard.

I brew my own, organic, in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon.

It's sad to say but I live 1 block from STARBUCKS, I could walk there. It's a dangerous place for me, LOL

I do and have always drank a lot of water, especially during my pregnancies, which spared me from lots of stretch marks. Water is the best drink for you. If I could only drink water, with fresh lemon, I would but I do need my coffee. Hey my neighbor has a lemon/lime tree that hangs in my yard so I get them from her tree. HE HE I eat chocolate at least 4x a week, OOPS. I don't eat fast food, maybe once a month at that and it's usually a salad or cheeseburger.

I don't eat lots of junk food, ONLY once in a while. I do buy Organic fruits and other stuff when I can, it's pricey. My children only drink Horizon Organic milk with DHA and Omega 3. I just drink the cheep stuff though. The OM is like $4.45 for a 1/2 gallon. My kids are young and I will spend they extra money on them.

As far as I'm concerned nothing is really good for you, meaning boxed items, etc. Well fresh veggies and fruits are good but I would starve If I only ate that. LOL Ok I'm being silly now. :-)

I love peanut butter, but not sure if I want to eat it now or which brand, I buy skippy Natural, I hope it's safe. :|
God Bless,
Krissy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

She has the neuro sensitivity like you do Dana. It is improved tremendously but during cycle fluctuations (female that is), it can be really really touchy. She has come a long way; but I would be afraid to put her in an infrared sauna just yet. She can now handle the FAR Infrared mineral lamp when in acupuncture the majority of the time. She has a really bad strain of Bart and if she gets overheated, it can flare and get nasty. We're concentrating on the immune rebuilding so that she can achieve that hoped for remission..while continuing to treat w/the natural protocol and address the endocrine issues. We have other methods of (for her) gentler detox now. In the beginning, I think we hit her so hard with treatment and detox and diet that it was just too much for her system to process. The antioxidants that have been part of Heather's protocol have helped w/the neuro symptoms allot. (L-glutathione IV)

Do you know of anyone or a wellness type clinic near you that is safe and trusted that you could try it to see how your body responds? Even if really slowly at first so as to not throw yourself into a storm?

I like Dr. Myhill's hypothesis. He has published some really good evidence based work; this one is an essay per se'; but I have spoken with a couple of his patients in the UK and he well respected. Maybe this article would help shed additional light.. http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/article.cfm?id=390

When Bear and one of our integrative ILAD docs were talking about this for Heather and for his patients, they both did a lot of research. It is important, he learned, that if you choose one, it not be a wood that has been chemically treated and not a portable unit that is plastic that when heated up puts off the carcinogens. Bear found a couple of good units and then he and Dr.G. chatted and dissected. In the end, we could not afford nor trust that this was a right step for Heather at the time (2 years ago).

I think Molly would be a good point of contact to discuss this with, as well....

This reminds me of the coffee discussion. It seems to depend on the individual and what stage, symptoms, condition of immune response and other bodily system involvement that exists, as to whether someone does well with the choice or not.

You are a delicate flower, like Rose is. Delicate flowers are hearty at the root, but prefer misting and rarely seem to thrive during the direct hosings or thunderstorms, but, oh, how magnificent and healing to the eye! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Ok here are the facts about coffee:

Coffee drinkers: I talked to my pain management Md today about coffee and mainly its anti-inflammatory properties. He said that coffee isn't a good idea because it has more than 100 chemicals (organic or not) that are really bad for the body (he is not holistic either) and I was hoping to get a different answer. Here are some coffee facts I found when I got home. Some of the chemicals in coffee: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/duke/farmacy2.pl?289

Also, I found a study that was done on 1500 people and this study showed coffee INCREASES inflammation in the body: http://www.healthandage.com/public/heal ... ce-of.html

My doctor said if you want the "benefits of caffeine" without all the bad chemicals you'd be better off buying a caffeine pill like no-doz that doesn't have all the additional garbage in it and is just pure caffeine. But I won't be doing that, I don't need it for "alertness" I was hoping the anti-inflammatory effects out weighed the bad..but it doesn't seem so. He also was wrong...there are over 500 chemicals! Read on.

I was really hoping to find good info on this, but there is more bad and especially for a body that has disease and is struggling for wellness. Diana has a link in her first post above that is VERY informative on the detrimental effects on the nervous system. (Bummer!) But LD is a nervous system disease, so be careful. Here is more, these quotes are from a site on the bad effects of coffee and note ALL the side effects are very much like LD symptoms!:

Coffee makes us speedy, irritable, sleepless, and often causes heartburn or ulcers. The removal of caffeine is supposed to reduce some of these undesirable effects. Coffee is an addicting beverage. If you consume more than 2 cups per day, you are likely to experience unpleasant withdrawal if you stop. The minimal suffering includes a headache, irritability, and fatigue. The popular idea that the bad effects of coffee are caused by one chemical, caffeine, is misleading. The 500 or so other chemicals in coffee include aromatic or phenolic chemicals and many are probably neurotoxic; other chemicals are allergenic. Coffee is also a crop with high pesticide residues. Coffee is definitely allergenic and makes some people obviously sick.

Daily coffee ingestion induces a 24 hour cyclic disturbance with morning arousal, irritability, difficulty concentrating, subtle levels of disorganization, clumsiness, and forgetfulness. As the day progresses, 3 or more cups later, a heavy fatigue sets in by mid to late afternoon. Further coffee doses may rouse one a bit, but then further collapse is inevitable by evening. Irritability may evolve into disproportionate or inappropriate angry outbursts, pleasure-loss, absence of good-feelings, or empathy anesthesia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diana - I am so close to buying this home FAR infrared unit. The price is unbeatable. I learned that the ceramic models that have been around since the 70's are not good because they heat unevenly and one can even burn in them! Carbon units are much safer. If I wait much longer this one will sell soon. I guess even if I can't use it, Danny and Paul could benefit. Dr. B told me it would be the best thing we could do for ourselves to remove toxins. Kind of scary for me - and NO I cannot find one place near me that has a FAR Infrared sauna to try out! Can you believe it? I have called every spa and health club, some didn't even know what it was! Sort of scary about infrared it heats from the inside out, first thing I thought of was like a microwave (if I am reading the chart below correctly!

Below is a chart on wavelengths. Yet over and over and over I keep reading how safe and immune system boosting these are. Well - I could get it and try it, I know Molly has a small unit she loves. A friend near me with LD loves hers too. I did read people w/MS and Lupus should not use them.

I just keep hearing Dr. B "you'd benefit greatly". My neuropathy waxes and wanes much more now than it use to (thank God!) and yes it flares during the monthly cycle, always in the front of my thighs. Do you know what strain of Bart Heather is dealing with? I was just retested since my cat bite and Dr. M decided (even though the testing isn't great) to test for other strains available through Labcorp. So we will see. I know there are more strains than can even be tested for. Yes, I have heard IV glutathione is excellent, actually I could do that at Dr. M's right here in town. Does Heather always feel better after her infusion of it? I know Dr. H in NYC is a big fan of it.

Back to Infrared for a minute - Look at this chart of wavelengths for infrared, kind of creepy! Wow, FAR infrared borders with the wavelength in microwaves? Am I reading this right? This was used in an add as a selling point. This looks bad to me....hmmmm:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:19 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

well, maybe you will just have to start out slow and easy to see how your body does and then as you gently detox, gradually increase the length of time. I don't suppose your friend would allow you to give it a try in hers?

I'll be praying for you. You'll know what is best. One thing with an investment like this, if the whole family benefits, its paid for in more ways than one where health is concerned.

Remember that w/sauna you do sweat out the good and bad, so be sure to replenish minerals, vitamins, etc.. if you enter in. Mineral water before going in is a good hint we've been told.

No, we do not know the strain of Bart. That's what makes it so difficult. Dr. J. said it is one those precarious hard to identify one out of a hundred. When it flares, she has all of the symptoms and although her rashes are not the long ones originally that would run down her thighs in the beginning, they do appear more thin and at different places now - particularly on her arms, sometimes on her legs. She feels them first, then the little red mark appears and within 2 hours, there it is, just as unbelievable as the last hundred. When her jaw locked twice in the last three months, it was preceded by these manifestations first, then led to the pain, symptoms and the scratches. During one attack she had about 60 of the squiggly rashes come out on her lower back, all vertical 1-2" high, all in a row like a long drawn out smile shape, one after the other. It was probably the most startling of the rashes we've seen through all of this. Even beyond the bulls eye rashes that have surfaced over the past three years of treatment. The herbal abx that Dr. Josh has her on have helped along with the continual work on her immune response. IV Myers and L-Gluta are great benefits to helping replenish and detoxify, as well. She has come a long, long way.

That's why no mocha latte for her. Not yet.
Blessings,
~d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:21 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Ouch the locked jaw sounds horrible!

You mentioned "scratches" is this something that appears during a flare?

Does this sound similar?

Before I ever had all the symptoms of LD, long before the "explosion" - I woke up one morning and I noticed all over my stomach I had what looked like scratches! It really looked like I had been attacked by a cat, long thin and many scratches. I was mortified and wondered if I could have scratched myself in my sleep someway. It was one of those things that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, it just gave me the creeps and I couldn't figure out what that could be. I wonder now if that was bart in my body - although I felt fine at the time.

I have had one rash when I started treatment, it was on my thumb and it was ugly, almost like welts. The other skin issue I had which is almost gone now was pigmentation changes on both forearms...so weird looking. But I can only hope henselae was the only strain I had because once declared Bart free (henselae) the pigmentation started fading and is now almost normal color again.

What do you think of that wavelength chart above? This is the only thing that is holding me back, I don't want to be microwaved! How can it be so safe and build the immune system? Do you know of anything bad related to infrared saunas?

I read regular sauna's that heat you from the outside in hardly reduce toxins at all (not to mention at health clubs they are a breeding ground of germs -yuck) infrared is much better at detoxing supposedly. Honestly, if I buy it, I will be afraid to try it more than a few minutes. But, like I said I know Danny and Paul could tolerate it and really benefit...ugh! The seller had one unit left at half the price of what they normally sell...I'd be surprised if he still had it. Don't know what to do.

As far as coffee, I so miss my iced mocha's...oh, well...I tried to find every reason it was ok and didn't, 500 chemicals! Who knew.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]