TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: my llmd visit today
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

so my day was spent in agonizing pain in the car for most of it. It was a quick in and out visit. I asked him about diflucan, because as Dana and I were talking, systemic yeast infections symptoms overlap lyme symptoms, and in Buhners book he said (and don't quote me here, not positive on the numbers), but they were treating 200 people with abx for a while, showed no improvement, then put them on 25 days of diflucan, and all symptoms disapeared, and 2 years later still well!
Well, he didn't prescribe it like I wanted :( but he said what he usually does is 1 every 3 days to keep yeast at bay... so I get all of 10 for the month. I guess that along with some natural stuff I bought, it might do the trick, we'll see.
Upped my doxy to 200mgs in the morning and 200mgs at night. He doesn't want me on 2 abx because I"m also on valtrex for the viruses, but I have some biaxin left I might start taking again...we'll see.

oh oh oh, diflucan is also a bit of a antibacterial, antifungal (obviously), he said it's along the lines of flagyl!!! so it's gonna do double duty!!!sweet!

I'm sure I left some stuff out, but kids are driving me nuts, and gotta get them in bed.
hope you are all doing alright.
love,
j
:cross:

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

Post subject: Re: my llmd visit today
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:57 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Does that mean Diflucan causes herxing?????????? I am sure it probably does, yuck!

I am sorry you felt so bad in the car. It is miserable, I agree, the long rides are very hard.

Jaime, wait on the Biaxin. If you are actually taking 400mg / day of doxy and 500mg/twice per day of valtrex and now starting diflucan...wait on biaxin.

Doxy/Biaxin according to Dr. B is the "dynamite duo" -- yes, dynamite is correct blew me away for 4 days each time I tried!

Let us know how the diflucan goes! I am excited to see if some of your symptoms subside.

Tomorrow is my LLMD appt (phone appt. though - no driving!) :cloud9: I will report how it goes.

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:29 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

yeah Dana, you're right, I guess I should wait on the biaxin. Don't want to be putting too much into my body at once. I'll let you know how the diflucan goes... not having any high expectations seeing as it's only 1 pill every third day. darn it.

let us know about your appt today!

(Isaiah 53:5 NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Any advice given by me, is just that, advice. I am not a medical doctor, and I suggest you talk to your doctor about any concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:53 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Look at this, this is a description from Costco Pharmacy: FLUCONAZOLE (Diflucan(R)) is an antifungal type of
antibiotic. It treats serious fungal infections found throughout the body. These include oral candidiasis or thrush infections of the mouth or throat, vaginal yeast infections, Candida infection of the urinary tract, meningitis, and others.

Look at this from Drugs.com: Fluconazole is an anti fungal antibiotic.
Fluconazole is used to treat infections caused by fungus, which can invade any part of the body including the mouth, throat, esophagus, lungs, bladder, genital area, and the blood.

WOW - even drugs.com admits it can invade ANY part of the body.

1 every 3 days is good to start, if you really start noticing a lot of improvement, have him increase it. The herx it could cause, he was wise to start low really.
:hands:
Dana

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:10 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dear Jaime,
I hope this makes a difference for you. We have Heth on herbal and micronutrient daily maintenance w/anti-fungals. I have learned that is it very important to the gut healing; 'other brain' treatment.

The long trips can be so difficult when you are hurting so. I'm glad you are back home.

God bless! Remember the steady turtle wins the race! Love that!
Sojourner

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; the waves will not overcome you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior www.stylebyheatherrose.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:57 am 
Forum Moderator
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks girls. I'm excited about this one, it really sounds like a logical choice. I also have a natural candida clear type thing, but I will wait until I see what the diflucan does first, don't want to overpower my body all at once. I have faith that God is leading me in the right directions, it seems that certain things are heavy on my mind and I know that's God talking to me, saying "go this way and try this"

I'm glad to be home, back to my hustle and bustle as it may be, but the long car rides can be miserable. I have no idea how I made it all the way to florida last year. We had to stop and stay at 2 or 3 hotels on the way down there.... and then I had to carry Michael all the way thru majic kingdom and animal kingdom, it was cool and wet the whole time, talk about pain, I couldn't walk by the third day....boy the inner strength we can find is amazing sometimes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]