TruthAboutLymeDisease.com

TruthAboutLymeDisease.com's Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dormant Lyme
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:33 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

I just want to hear if you had dormant Lyme or if you saw the tick and got sick right away or not. I remembered years later seeing a red rash but at the time i didn't know what it was. It was months later when i was stressed out one day at work when it happened I got really dizzy and light headed it was like all of a sudden couldn't hardly stand up and exactly 10 days later i broke out in rashes which were very hot and very itchy felt like i was in Hell.

I think Lyme can be dormant and your immune system has it in check some how (bio film) and when you are stressed out one day the stress brings out the Lyme. That's what i think happened to me because i never had a bull eye rash and it was winter time when i got sick. It was exactly the way the symptoms list describes it from Dr. B he really knows this Disease, it was because of his reports that i was doing amox and natural stuff. I think that what saved me from being a lot worse than i am now.

thanks Johnny

Post subject: Re: Dormant Lyme
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Dormant. I had exposure to ticks, did lots of camping, even pulled them off my dogs and I was into animal rescue and had hundreds of flea bites.

I wonder though if I was born w/it...my mom was bitten as a kid and never treated her tick bite, she had "fibro" pain her entire life and recently a pacemaker. My sister tested positive too and both of our kids.

Here's my entire story if interested: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com/about.html

Truth About Lyme Disease Home Page: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com
Truth About Lyme Disease Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQINypsf7g

Always check w/your MD regarding advice given by me or any member at this forum & any articles & info. at this site. Site disclaimer: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 pm 

Wow Dana, how the heck did you get your son an iv without a diagnosis that is awesome and surely saved his life. This is what gets me your story sounds so similar to many i have talked to in chat rooms their sick husband sick son etc. what we have here is a epidemic for sure this is unbelievable that they don't see this. it's very scary that people around you can get it especially partners. (wife, girl friend, husband, boy friend ) I hope not in my situation.

they are now saying that Lyme IS the fastest growing Disease now and I wonder what the cdc or idsa is going to say to dispute this? there are 50 plus different strains of Lyme that we know of and co infections, these ticks are loaded for sure. they still try to make Lyme sound like a walk in the park i just don't get it, what is their problem. I went through 7 years of Hell and the va is still giving me a hard time about my disability. they misdiagnosed me in 1999 and 2000 and it was there incompetence that put me in this mess and now they have me on hold for 6 months now? waiting for me to die or get better so they don't have to pay me.

I am glad you are a Lyme advocate we really need more and more of us to get together and try to change things for the future Lymies.

Peace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:21 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I was infected in 1998, from ticks that my dog brought home from the vets after an extended stay. I burned them off of him then brought him bk to the vets to have them removed and they put the stuff on his neck to kill the rest. I got my doc records from bk then and around that time i went in for flu like symptoms.

I was later dx with RA then CFS then Fibro. I lived with it. Then i felt fine. Then in 2005 when my son died, my sx went out of control. Does it stay dormant, I believe yes and a tragic situation can bring it out of hiding.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:28 pm 

Oh My Krissy,I am so sorry about your Son. I believe that very much that stress brings it out of hiding that's why we need more research like the kind that Dr. Allen Mac does. He is a great research guy and He needs a medal as far as i am concerned.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]